What's new

My best finds (to date)

nedigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
278
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Omaha, NE
Here are pics of two of my best finds (or at least favorites). The first is an 1842 seated liberty dime I found in a park in Winter Springs, Fl. The second is a pendant from the Trans-Mississippi And International Exposition Held in Omaha, Ne. in 1898 found in a park here in Omaha.
 
Upvote 0
Sweet finds Nedigger!

Man, I can't wait to find something even close to those. I'm just getting started and I'm so excited about hitting the right place at the right time. My town has countless opportunities. I've just got to do my homework. I live in a very historic town and I know I need to hit some water soon. Wish I could find a lost swimming hole somewhere.

Good luck and HH!

Moon
 
Thank you Moonshadow! I have only been detecting about 4 years although I remember wanting a detector even as a kid seeing them in the advertisements in comic books I used to read. Those were both found on dry land. I haven't had a chance to do any water detecting yet myself but am anxiously anticipating getting a waterproof detector (someday) and hit some swimming holes. Right now I mostly hunt parks although I have hunted schoolyards as well. There are a lot of old houses/properties? in Omaha and surrounding areas that I would love to detect but just haven't really gotten the nerve to knock on doors and ask if they would mind. I went to a local park yesterday and pulled up 2 rings (in different areas). One is 14k with a tiny diamond while the other is sterling silver (.925). Here they are. Sorry if the detail is not very good but neither is my digital camera. HH. :)
 
Winter Springs Fla, huh. You got that Seated Liberty right out from under Kellyco's noses! ;D Cool rings. I like the top one, looks like an indian design.
 
HeY True_ I don't know where Kellyco does their feild tests but I don't think this park is one of them as I also found quite a bit of clad and these items as well and a 1942 Mercury dime (not pictured) although not all on the same day. The bracelet is .925.
 
Really cool stuff Nedigger! I dig that Mason pin. Good job! 8)
 
That derringer would have made my day. Toy or not I really like finding that stuff. Way to go and keep it up! HH! Chris
 
We are really impressed by the quality of your photos. What type of camera are you using. I cannot get the detail that you do. Nice finds. Thanks BRINK
 
My camera is a Logitec that is hooked to my computer but it really isn't that great. Can't get close enough to bring out detail even in close-up mode. All the pictures above where actually done on my scanner. It works especially well with coins. HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom