Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Awl , had a half hour to hunt today and found yet another Awl. The season is over and thought I would post

my Favorites along with the Awl. ;D Pictured is a File spear point , Trade Scissors & a Scraper that missing its handle,

four Awls of which 2 are Native made, a French Fur trade Axe that was broke and used as a Wedge. To top it all off is

a Smoke house lock Circa 1850. The previous Finds are Fur Trade circa 1790 - 1820'ish :read2:

Attachments

• Picture 241.jpg
    Picture 241.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 669
Upvote 0
Love the lock. Congradulations. HH.......

Any chance you could get a close up of the lock? I would like to see that on the BANNER

Nice uns Hardy. Good saves. Enjoyed following your Fur Trade Hunts :thumbsup:
Have a good winter !
HH
TnMtns

Nice collection my friend! The neat part is I think I was there for most of those finds and we just started hunting together this summer! Next year will be even better! :thumbsup:
Talk ya soon.
Dave.

That lock is blocking my view of the French axe :D

j/k, great lock.

Great iron, Hardy. Those awls had to be like finding a needle in a haystack, where the hay is made of nails. They are definitely nice finds.

It saddens me that I now have to wait until spring to see more relic finds from you :'(

HH,
Rusted.

good show Hardy :icon_thumleft: You need to make an IRON BRIGADE badge like Buckle's with fur trade era stuff on it :laughing7:

Hardy, I LOVE seeing posts of Sexy Iron on this forum! I too will be making a 2009 post of great iron finds. There are some Excellent relics to be found. Perhaps I will make a 2009 Iron Finds post and leave it open for anyone who wishes to post. :)

Thank you for sharing, my friend. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you for your kind words on the Small amount of Iron , I will be posting a Total finds Soon ;D

Hardy, congratulations on the finds, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the grand total for the season. You are a shot in the arm for any relic hunter...hard core! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back