What's new

My best quarter score ever.

capy325

Full Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Traveling again today for yet another job interview and got close to the airport with plenty of time to spare. So instead of going straight there and waiting I decided to hit a few banks on the way. First two banks turned up a total of $11.50 in clad halves and time was starting to run short. I noticed a 5/3 branch on the corner and figured one more bank... Asked the standard question "Do you have any halves" and a teller at the end of the counter answered with "I have one". Not being one to pass up any halves I told her I'd gladly take it off her hands. Turns out she had a gold plated Ike, half, and quarter. I thanked her and said I'd pass (I've got a stack of these gold plates things). When I said this she said she did have a roll of strange quarters that some guy had brought in a couple weeks back. I couldn't resist the urge to ask "What makes them so strange?" and was told they make a funny sound when you drop them. With my pulse racing and best poker face I said I'd buy the roll and get them out of her drawer for her. She sells me the roll with "SILVER" written on the wrapper and in roughly two steps I'm in the car! The roll produced 38 (out of 40) silver Washington quarters. Being the hunter that I am I was disappointed with the two clad 65's! lol. I only gave a quick look at the dates but there didn't look to be too many repeats so I can only assume someone emptied an album. Any help on key dates would be appreciated!
In my discussion with the teller she also mentioned the guy had a roll of dimes he tried to cash in also but she refused them as "they didn't look lime dimes"... her exact words. I can only guess it was a roll of Mercury's! I gave her my cell # and said if the guy returned to pass it on to him.
Then just a few moments ago I ran down to the Walgreen's to get a Coke and something to snack on (spending tonight in a hotel with the interview in the morning). As I paid the young lady I glanced into the register (habit) and noticed two Walkers! I asked if she could give them to me in my change and she said "gladly". Been a pretty good trip so far, now I just need to get the JOB! I'll try to post pictures Wed. when I return home!
 
Upvote 0
Holy mackerel......that is being in the right place at the right time!! The Walgreen's story is incredible.

Your sure to get that job....lol. My fingers are crossed for ya. Good luck.
 
Congrats on your treasure! You are a hard-core CRHer!

I did that last year when I was job-hunting all over the country.

Good luck on your interview and post some picture when you are back.
 
Those tellers & Store clerks have to be brain dead to not be able to comprehend value- worth of Silver; of course saw a promo for a TV program (forget what it was) but they asked a lady if she knew who lived at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, she did not know, then they asked her something it can't quite remember fully about who lives in a Pineapple .......... under the sea, she just shot back like instantly "SPONGE BOB", I thought wow SB lives in a pineapple and under the sea too- do not know how I could not have known this but I did not! But I do know who lives at 1600 Penn. Ave & that Karl Marx if not for the HOT place he be would be smiling now.
 
obediah said:
Those tellers & Store clerks have to be brain dead to not be able to comprehend value- worth of Silver; of course saw a promo for a TV program (forget what it was) but they asked a lady if she knew who lived at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, she did not know, then they asked her something it can't quite remember fully about who lives in a Pineapple .......... under the sea, she just shot back like instantly "SPONGE BOB", I thought wow SB lives in a pineapple and under the sea too- do not know how I could not have known this but I did not! But I do know who lives at 1600 Penn. Ave & that Karl Marx if not for the HOT place he be would be smiling now.


What does this really have to do with anything?
 
Key dates, mainly look for the 32D and 32S. These two are the keys to the Washington series.
 
Hey nice find, were are you from. I got to 5/3 banks, arn't they local to Michigan? Im in TC.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom