What's new

MY Best so far...

Purrdee

Full Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Davis Co. Utah
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Ok, so I have been doing this for about a month...and haven't really found anything to shout about. I have found several coins that are "askew" where the coin imprint is not centered, a couple war buddie nickels, a couple unusual looking coins that just seem different, but not knowing much about the hobby, I just hang onto them til I know better....But yesterday....Well I got pretty excited over a nickel I found in the second to the last roll....it is a 1938 one that looks almost brand new....in fact I am still looking at it thinking maybe it's not for real. My husband looked at it and he says it is real, but probably just got dug out of someone jewel box and has just not been used....It is a really nice one....like I said not much in value I don't think but very cool to find.

Purrdee
 
Upvote 0
if it is d or s mint (on back to the right of Monticello), it could be worth a pretty penny

HH
-GC
 
Thats pretty cool
 
goldencoin said:
if it is d or s mint (on back to the right of Monticello), it could be worth a pretty penny

HH
-GC

REALLY? Sounds too good to be true.... it is an "S"...let me know...

Purrdee
 
mistergee said:
nice finds...any pics?

I have not had much success at getting pics here, but I will try...
 

Attachments

  • POSTCARDS2 007.webp
    POSTCARDS2 007.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 218
  • POSTCARDS2 006.webp
    POSTCARDS2 006.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 174
  • POSTCARDS2 008.webp
    POSTCARDS2 008.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 224
It just seems to me like this coin is in exceptional condition. What do you think? I am very new at this...

Purrdee
 
Re: MY Best so far...NOW WITH PICS

cking to see if pics got in.
 
This coin is a regular circulation strike but low mintage if you consider 4,105,000 low.
The Mint is San Fransisco but this is not a proof. There were no proofs for S in 1938.

The composition is 75% copper AND 25% nickel

The finest Uncirculated non-Full Step examples graded by PCGS are 18 MS-67's.

The finest Uncirculated Full Step examples graded by PCGS are 2 MS-67's.

I do not know the value check the red book

Darth Walker
 
Nice find. May have come out of someones collection. 1938-s on ebay that look to be in similar condition are selling for around $5. Congrats.
 
Nice find.
Doesn't look like any steps but it is still a beaut!
 
Greay looking coin there! Hard to find them in circulation, especially in that condition. Looks like it is worth 3 to 5 bucks. Not bad considering what you paid!
Anthony
 
Darth Walker said:
This coin is a regular circulation strike but low mintage if you consider 4,105,000 low.
The Mint is San Fransisco but this is not a proof. There were no proofs for S in 1938.

The composition is 75% copper AND 25% nickel

The finest Uncirculated non-Full Step examples graded by PCGS are 18 MS-67's.

The finest Uncirculated Full Step examples graded by PCGS are 2 MS-67's.

I do not know the value check the red book

Darth Walker

So does the "S" mint mean it was minted in San Francisco and not Sacramento? Just goes to show you how new I am to this...was told it was Sacramento.
 
It is the San Francisco Mint. Nothing wrong with not knowing.

There are many things I do not know either in comparison with many forum members here

Darth Walker
 
DigginThePast said:
Nice find. May have come out of someones collection. 1938-s on ebay that look to be in similar condition are selling for around $5. Congrats.
Never use Ebay for a price guide there price go up an down an never really show true value... if you type coin prices in to google you can find some free price guides
 
Darth Walker said:
It is the San Francisco Mint. Nothing wrong with not knowing.

There are many things I do not know either in comparison with many forum members here

Darth Walker
Thanks Darth.....
 
creeper71 said:
DigginThePast said:
Nice find. May have come out of someones collection. 1938-s on ebay that look to be in similar condition are selling for around $5. Congrats.
Never use Ebay for a price guide there price go up an down an never really show true value... if you type coin prices in to google you can find some free price guides

Hey Creeper,

Will do , thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom