My Brother and I Found Every Denomination of 20th Century Silver Coin Today!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone!

My brother and I got out to a new permission today. Funny enough, it’s my grandma’s place! The area came up while doing some research so we figured, what the heck, let’s give it a shot.

When my first recovery was an Indian Head Penny and my brother’s third was a Merc we figured we were in for a good day. We didn’t know all what was in store!

Early in the hunt I got a banging signal at 5 inches. It wasn’t until I got to 7 inches that I pinpointed the signal in the dirt on my towel. I saw it was a half and ran over the my brother. We did a small swipe and saw the eagle of a Barber! I quickly got some water to reveal a pretty good condition 1902-S. That predates the known history of this site, pretty cool!

I found nothing but trash for probably another hour. Then, I got another banger. At probably 6-7 inches I saw the gleam of silver in the hole. I called my brother over and I dug it out with him there. An SLQ!! No date but it’s my first D mint SLQ.

A while later I got another banger. Happened to be just a deep clad quarter. A few feet away my brother told me he’s getting the highest number he’s seen on his Nox yet, a 37. We’d commented earlier that a Peace Dollar was possible here.

I’m digging another target and I hear him hooting and hollering “dollar!”. I told him not to swipe it so we ran to get some water together. Turns out it was a peace dollar, his first silver dollar. So awesome!

I really wanted to get one last silver before calling it a day and got my wish granted with a 43-S war nickel. So strange, we found every denomination of 20th century silver coin! Never had that happen before, that’s for sure.

Here’s the eye candy:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552193805.936510.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552193816.166086.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552193831.666716.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552193858.734963.jpg

Pretty awesome. Next time you hear from us, we might be in South Carolina. We’re headed there next weekend for a Detecting trip.

Good luck out there folks!
-W

Upvote 52

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a nice day of hunting for you. I have yet to find a silver dollar in 40 plus years. I have found modern junk dollars, but not silver.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow you and your brother had a great hunt with some awesome finds. Congrats:occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet old coin shooting! :occasion14:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Wash, amazing that you hadn't thought about hitting granny's place before. One other Q......where's the trime? lol

Seriously, FANTASTIC hunt and thanks for sharing.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Oh, and tell your bro welcome to the silver dollar club!

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wash, amazing that you hadn't thought about hitting granny's place before. One other Q......where's the trime? lol

Haha thanks! I didn’t realize how old it was until I came across a photo of the area in an old book. Her house is newer, probably from the 70s.

And will do! Couldn’t be happier for him.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX

Oh ya, and 20th century only! No way we’re finding a trime or 20 cent quarter out here.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on all the silvers.

I enjoy hunting with my brother as well.

Jer

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now this doesn't happen everyday, amazing hunt! I meant to comment sooner but better late than never. As much as I like going out on solo hunts, it's always better to have a partner or group hunt. That makes the chances higher to find some nice coins or relics. This is a great example.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread