What's new

My Change from fisher to Minelab

stevefisher7767

Full Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
158
Reaction score
169
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampstead N.C.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5,Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Minelab Excalibur II 800, Excal 1000 blue, Excal II 1000, Sovereign Elite.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is less than a month with my new Explorer Se Pro, i love it :thumbsup: actually two and a half weeks, last Sunday was a gold class ring 1979 10k , and a silver earing, today in less than two hours i had a large :headbang:925 ring 10k pendant and a 10k small ring. I have posted the class ring with the website of Lost and Found of Hoggard High School with the initials. I have almost 29 years of experiance and this is the best detector in depth on gold, i have seen to date.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 480
  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 471
  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 463
  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 471
Upvote 0
Congrats on the nice finds, :icon_thumright:

Another member said he is switiching from Minelab to Fisher because Minelabs were "temperamental, make random noise, are screwed up, constant interference with soil mineralization in the northeast and are a scam"...........I guess you hadn't heard... LOL Good hunting....:icon_thumright:
 
That is a very nice ring. :headbang: :headbang: When I too switched to a Minelab I thought it sounded like a strangled duck till I learned what it was telling me. :thumbsup:
 
it still sounds like a strangled duck.and i too found out what it was saying and it was "quack quack"
 
I had a Sovereign Gt for 2 years. Did I do well with it? Yes, it was excellent on the beach (dry and wet sand) and in parks and in fields. But, I never could get used to the multiple sounds it made. When I finally decided to purchase a detector to use in shallow water and on the beach, I decided to purchase a Fisher CZ-21 instead of an Excalibur (the water version of the Sovereign). I had previously used a CZ-5 for many years and I did very well with it on the beach (both in the dry and wet sand). So, based on that and borrowing a friends CZ-20, I decided to purchase the CZ-21. I like the Fisher much better than I liked the Minelab. Is one better than that other? Not in my opinion. Once you learn to use that CZ-21, I believe you can do equally as well with it as you can an Excalibur. Both machines take patience and practice. Again, I think the best detector is the one you will use and enjoy while you are using it. Both are equally excellent in my opinion. It is just that different people like different detectors. Had Fisher not made the new CZ-21, I would have purchased the Excalibur and just learned to deal with the multiple sounds. JMHO.
 
Wise thinking Nuggetshooter. I too like my CZ-20 and hunt in Auto sometimes. It is excellent with the 3 tones as I can max find ratio by not scooping the low Iron tones or High coin tones and just digging the Mid tones which are pull tabs and a lot of jewelry like gold rings.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom