What's new

My Cool Rock!

IslandGirl

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 13, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has fossil imprints on three sides. A dark triangle with a light colored one on the top. It stands 12 inches tall.
 

Attachments

  • rock (45).webp
    rock (45).webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 176
  • rock (47).webp
    rock (47).webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 169
  • rock (48).webp
    rock (48).webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 164
  • rock (46).webp
    rock (46).webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 179
So, do you have any idea of what the imprints come from? I was wanting it to be something really out of this world so looked up a 'one-toed sloth' but it doesn't really fit exactly. The deep print looks to be about 6" long and a Pterosaur right or left manus print looks similar. Now that I have copied all that from Google it tells you I do not know jack stuff about what I am talking about but I do love ancient stuff. Would also love to know exactly from what the print originated. Is it something as simple as a shell?
 
I believe they are seashells, nice find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom