What's new

My dad Found this in 1965 in a barn in PA.

kalebdad

Full Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I Need help identifying this belt buckle. My father found it in 1965 in PA.
Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks

JD
 

Attachments

  • IMG00546-20110207-1146.webp
    IMG00546-20110207-1146.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG00547-20110207-1147.webp
    IMG00547-20110207-1147.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG00548-20110207-1147 (1).webp
    IMG00548-20110207-1147 (1).webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 624
Hi kalebdad, the only info I have found so far is that it is the coat of arms and moto for Pennsylvania. I'll keep looking, but some of the other guys and gals on here may have a better chance of a full id.


hammered
 
Upvote 0
Hammered: Spot on !!
Virtue, Liberty and Independence= Pennsylvania
It appears more as a pin than a belt buckle; and would be worn in the verticle, versus horizonal, position.
 
Upvote 0
Interesting item. I agree it looks like a Penn State Seal pin not a buckle. I see the hinge broke and someone made a quick repair.

It appears to be a 20th century hinge so the date range would be somewhere between 1890-1965. A side view of the hinge will help to be sure.
 
Upvote 0
As a lifelong PA resident, that is indeed the state seal of Pennsylvania, and also the same image that appears on our state flag.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom