My daughter just found a pocket spill including silver !

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Mrs was booked in to have her hair coloured today so Kiera told me she wouldn't mind coming metal detecting with me.
We got down to the usual pasture permission at around dinner time eager to find some buried treasures. Kiera was very generous and let me use my metal detector for the first couple of signals and then she decided I was on digging duties for the rest of the session.
There were not many finds made as we only stayed for a couple of hours due to the boiling midday sun but what was found definalty made up for it. Not only did Kiera find her first ever coin, she also found a pocket spill in the same hole, including a chunk of silver to boot!

I managed to get a final look in on the detecting whilst walking back to the car and found a little bit of silver myself in the shape of a 50% silver 6 pence.

If she wasn't hooked on this fascinating hobby already she bloody is now. Time to get her a detector of her own I think :)

Settings used on the Makro Racer were three tones, gain 95, id filter 25 and a good ground balance.

Enjoy the video and please click the thumbs up and subscribe as it will make Kiera's day :)

Here is the link

https://youtu.be/FImhIaXw2MY

Happy hunting all.

Upvote 6

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool hunt :thumbsup:

nice finds

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Congrats to her on two firsts, coin, and coin spill! Congrats to you on your silver find!
Tell mom she missed out.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ringo!!!! George was out in that cow pasture once ya know practicing his guitar before going to 'amburg as a Beatle. He wrote a song that day called "I Got a Hole in Me Pocket" after losing a pocket full of coins--he blamed Paul for it ya know and told Paul to sod off! Paul never did let George record it after that :laughing7:

Kiera!!! You did great and ever so adorable detecting with your Dad!! Nice work on the coin spill!

Enjoyable video as always and say hi to the lovely Mrs! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Dad! She's adorable!! Congratulations young lady - wishing you many more great finds out in the fields with your Dad.:icon_thumleft:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job dad

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks everyone, some really nice comments Kiera is very happy too read them all :)

She is just making me look on eBay now to find her a metal detector haha

Andy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread