What's new

My daughter’s first find with her first metal detector!!

Dr.Jones

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
132
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kennett square , PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
IMG_1197.webp
IMG_1198.webp


Hi, my daughter got her first metal detector this weekend and she found this! Any ideas what it is ? Maybe a women’s hair brooch? Moneyclip? She so excited !
 
Upvote 65
View attachment 2090866View attachment 2090867

Hi, my daughter got her first metal detector this weekend and she found this! Any ideas what it is ? Maybe a women’s hair brooch? Moneyclip? She so excited !
So cool to hear stuff like this. I just got my youngest son out and he seems to really like it. My oldest son I made the mistake of teaching him basketball first lol. Being in the state of Indiana as he has got older it’s all bball all the time :).
 
It looks a lot like a neckerchief slide to me (like what they wear in Boy Scouts).
 
Yes, I was thinking the same thing - looks like it could be a neckerchief slide.
A big congrats on your Daughter's first find with here first metal detector ! :icon_thumleft:
 
After googling , and using google lens maybe a mourning hair brooch ? It had hair in it and I didn’t think much of it becaus I never even heard of a mourning hair brooch. I’ll attach a zoomed in image you can see hair
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1201.webp
    IMG_1201.webp
    163.3 KB · Views: 69
Nice family fun and cool find! Is she hooked yet?
 
Nice find :) I b et she is still happy over it :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom