TNGUNS,
Do I count twelve tines on that one? Congratulations on a successful hunt! I have found venison to have a heavy game taste to it. A buddy of mine has a method for overcoming that taste, once the animal is dressed out he wipes it down with white vinegar and then does it again using lots of vinegar both times. I tried some of his deer jerky and it was good. Just a thought.
I can appreciate the bond between a father and a son and just how special that 30-06 is. I can also appreciate the bond between a father and a daughter, I assume that is your daughter with the deer. I found that my daughters could do anything a son could do so each of them have seen a lot of outdoors activities with me and then we had a their little brother came along so I got to take all three of my children out into the woods. Have fun and love them all!.........63bkpkr