My dogs are barking. Need some help from an admin (I posted a pic a LONG time ago).

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So recenlty, (long story short), I got a rude letter (threatening me with jail time), if I didn't do something about my barking dogs. The letter says that my dogs bark for 18 hours a day, and I abuse them, etc. The note was dated on wed. I found it on friday and walked around my neighborhood on this sunday to ask any other neighbors if they have a problem with my dogs, but mostly, to try and identify the poster of the letter on my door, that posted it at 5:37am ( I have camera's, but it's not a good image).

I walked through the entire neighborhood, and, seeking more information on to the potential problem with my dogs, I actually started to learn that it might not be my dogs at all, but instead, a creepy neighbor that is oversensitive to barking dogs. Every neighbor that I met, told me that they have never had a problem with my dogs. But, a common problem started to present itself. I quickly learned that other neighbors have gotten very simaliar rude notes. One that was nailed to the door, another that said "If you don't quiet your dog, I will", and another told me a very harshly written note was addressed to every neighbor in my area addressing 'dealing' with barking dogs posted on the community mail box. They were all written in the same marker, handwritten note.

Some people, after I showed them the note, told me that this was exactly the same rude note that they received too... A hand written note that was on 8x10, and written in black marker.

I seem to remember posting a photo of a very similar black marker note that was posted on a light poll, addressing dog poop in the sidewalk, a LONG time ago. I looked, but it goes back too far. Maybe a review of my 'attachments' by an admin could find the image, so that I can defend my self in court, if I need to create a 'persona' for this person.

If I should ever try and defend myself from this person in court, I want to get every peice of information that I can. I remember this note about the poop was also written in crude black marker.

Of course, you can't get 'jail time' from a barking dog. But, listening to everyone I met, and hearing about this 'bad anonymous' neighbor, It would be good if I build up my own case. The last thing I want is to loose my dog.

I'll update you soon, as I will expect to hear a formal complaint from the city of austin, as the note says. and then, i can find out who is this even poster. The note gives me an dealine... and if I've not done anything about it, they will fill a compaint..... at that time, I will learn who this community terrorist is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread