What's new

My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because its my dump bank

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

Man, my dump bank killed me today.. went in get the merchant teller was counting RED SEAL NOTES. Various denominations including a $100 that looked new. $10, $5, & $2's. Must've been $300 in Red seal notes. I asked if I could buy some off of her.. she said they're not for sale.. Damn it.. oh well.. they are my dump bank. They all know about silver and of course bills that look different.
 
Upvote 0
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

That would have been a great Haul!!!! to bad that the economy is so bad and they have to Hire more educated people!!!
 
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

Well, the problem is that I've dumped there so often that they had asked me why? I did tell them that I was looking for silver. One of the tellers was real cool in that he offered to give me 2 silver dimes once. I took the dimes and told him about my searches. A trade I suppose. Now the whole branch seems to know about it. So they are my dump bank and they're cool with me dumping there. Some banks are not cool with dumping but they are. A trade off I suppose.
 
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

two years ago when i first started lurking/posting here it was not cool to tell a teller that you were looking for silver or even mention the s word. but now, everyone is onto it. seems to be anyway. just about every bank i go into now and ask for halves the teller makes some comment like----we have some but they have all been checked for silver, or you are not going to find any silver here...etc. guess the gig is up. there have always been silver hunting tellers but there seems to be more of them now.
 
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

Tellers up here can get bounced around from branch to branch. I'm sure they tell any unknowledgable tellers what to keep an eye out for.
 
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

silvercop said:
two years ago when i first started lurking/posting here it was not cool to tell a teller that you were looking for silver or even mention the s word. but now, everyone is onto it. seems to be anyway. just about every bank i go into now and ask for halves the teller makes some comment like----we have some but they have all been checked for silver, or you are not going to find any silver here...etc. guess the gig is up. there have always been silver hunting tellers but there seems to be more of them now.

Exactly SC, never ever say silver. We get the same thing here with the bounceing tellers. I see some in other branches 30-45 miles away.
 
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

Ever had a tug o war over a Franklin half?
 
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

fistfulladirt said:
Ever had a tug o war over a Franklin half?

??? I've never argued with tellers over a coin or bill. Although I wished that I could've at least gotten one of the real seals since there were so many of them. I guess if it was a bank that I didn't frequent or like, I would ask to talk to the manager and ask for part of it. Generally, I have a bunch of Franklins myself from CRH over the years, I don't need to argue or fight to get one. Although if it was a big batch, I could try to get a couple I suppose. My thing is that I understand tellers get collectible coins or currency often since they see lots of money everyday however they need to do that in the back room and not flaunt it in front of people.
 
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:
Ever had a tug o war over a Franklin half?

??? I've never argued with tellers over a coin or bill. Although I wished that I could've at least gotten one of the real seals since there were so many of them. I guess if it was a bank that I didn't frequent or like, I would ask to talk to the manager and ask for part of it. Generally, I have a bunch of Franklins myself from CRH over the years, I don't need to argue or fight to get one. Although if it was a big batch, I could try to get a couple I suppose. My thing is that I understand tellers get collectible coins or currency often since they see lots of money everyday however they need to do that in the back room and not flaunt it in front of people.
I agree. Now, is there anything wrong with offering a teller a premium tho, for a coin or currency that's not their's to begin with?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom