What's new

My Easter Hunt

huntress104

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
566
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
My neighbor sprayed his field and the weeds and grass have all died out. Although he has not plowed it, and probably doesn't plan to, I took a short walk through it yesterday afternoon. We have had some pretty hard rains here in the past week and a lot of gullies have washed out in the field. I looked in those gullies and found these pieces had washed out. Just broke ones but this field just keeps producing. No telling what I would find if it was really broke up deep. It is a known campsite, located on a knoll just above a creek. Hoping he will break it up this spring.

DSC03186.webpDSC03187.webpDSC03189.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sounds like it could have some good possibilities. Good luck on it!
 
Looks like an area to keep looking in for sure! Do you find pottery there as well? I love the material you have there.
 
Nice to get out and washouts are good places to look at. I have one I check after every rain and have found some little points washing out. Im going to ask them to plow a field for me but offer to pay the gas. Don't have any idea how much it will cost but will ask. Im sure its the reason they don't plow is the gas cost. So pic #3 is broken?
 
Looks like an area to keep looking in for sure! Do you find pottery there as well? I love the material you have there.

Thanks NCPeaches. No I have never found any kind of pottery here, just points and tools. You would think there would be some at a campsite for sure. All I ever find is flint and flint flakes.
 
Nice to get out and washouts are good places to look at. I have one I check after every rain and have found some little points washing out. Im going to ask them to plow a field for me but offer to pay the gas. Don't have any idea how much it will cost but will ask. Im sure its the reason they don't plow is the gas cost. So pic #3 is broken?

No it's not broken it just looks like it. I think it's more of a preform. It's rough and definitely not finished but the edges are worked down.
 
Nice finds Huntress,,,,,,,coming up next.......let's see those points!!!!! They are there!!! Can't wait to see one!!!!!....................GTP
 
No it's not broken it just looks like it. I think it's more of a preform. It's rough and definitely not finished but the edges are worked down.

You have posted some really nice finds in the past. I sure hope you have a good year and find some more killers.
 
Good hunt;) Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom