What's new

My favorite artifact -

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
2,553
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought I would share my love of this piece. Nothing rare or pretty, wire holding the pieces.

In the 60's, on a family road trip in AZ, the station wagon boiled over, requiring a stop for cooling.

While hiking around, admiring the cacti, I found this broken stone inside a broken stone trough. Of course at the age of 12 I tried to stack the pieces to drag back to the car, but all I could carry back was the stone.

Wired it together as I knew it was cool and been with me ever since.

Even today I can hold it in my hand, look around my kitchen and still relate to the woman who used this. Families have to have dinner in all ages. :laughing7: Woman's work is never done! (but glad not to grind by hand)

grindingrock 002.webp
grindingrock 003.webp
grindingrock 007.webp
grindingrock 006.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice! To bad you couldn’t get the rest of the pair!
 
You could probably glue that thing, it would be a little easier to keep together and it would look more natural.
 
Sounds like that stone trough would have been a nice metate.
 
Sounds like that stone trough would have been a nice metate.

It was left face up so water collected and cracked it - the stone was in one of the curves. A gentleman at the science Museum looked at the rock and story of the trough, said the NA wouldn't leave the pieces upright to gather rain, so it was likely found whole at one time and they got tired of carrying it. WAG but even a end piece was heavy to a tomboy 12 y/o.
 
Good memory. Nice. I found my first relic at 9. Long time ago now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom