My favorite finds from this spring/summer so far

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hit a pretty long dry spell folks and instead of getting inside my head and second guessing my methods of research and detecting, I decided to put all of my favorite finds from this spring and summer so far. I really have nothing to complain about. I could go the rest of the year digging pull tabs and I think I'd still be in the green.
What is really going to be great in 20 years is the fact that nearly every single one of these finds I got on film. So if anyone ever visits and asks the story behind a particular piece, it'll be nice to be able to pull the video up.
Oh, and by the way, am I the only person on earth to dig a Barber quarter and a Morgan dollar before digging a mercury dime? Haha. Talk about luck! I guess it's because I never target coins and I rarely find coins.
2abff02770f1f1cbf77546443e7c9691.jpg

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

Upvote 11

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like seeing your posts/videos, you have done awesome. I also have had a slow period I put my finds in display cases coins and rings. I love this hobby I am excited to go through all my relics some that I haven't cleaned and examined as closely as I should That's a great idea to post my favorate finds for the year Ill try to do that in the next couple days to mention a few they would be a gold charm bracelet a platinum ring a 1907 Jamestown exposition coin a 1921 Morgan silver dollar an old opium pipe from around 1900. I do appreciated your posts and everyone elses it is what makes this site so awesome!!! Metal detecting is a lot of fun I feel like an archeologist/treasurehunter. Great post !!!!!!!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like seeing your posts/videos, you have done awesome. I also have had a slow period I put my finds in display cases coins and rings. I love this hobby I am excited to go through all my relics some that I haven't cleaned and examined as closely as I should That's a great idea to post my favorate finds for the year Ill try to do that in the next couple days to mention a few they would be a gold charm bracelet a platinum ring a 1907 Jamestown exposition coin a 1921 Morgan silver dollar an old opium pipe from around 1900. I do appreciated your posts and everyone elses it is what makes this site so awesome!!! Metal detecting is a lot of fun I feel like an archeologist/treasurehunter. Great post !!!!!!!
Thanks man. Those sound like some killer finds as well. Especially the pipe. That's an item least likely to turn up around my parts. I usually hear of the opium pipes being found out west due to the gold rush.
You should post some pictures.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are some great finds, I like what looks like a railroad tag besides your Morgan and Barber!

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats....Luvin' the Flintlock sidelock in the back!!!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done. You have some really nice stuff, breastplate, Morgan, CSA button... yeah...

Best of luck to you sir!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are some great finds, I like what looks like a railroad tag besides your Morgan and Barber!
I thought it was a cow tag when I found it but you're the 3rd person to say railroad tag some I'm going with that for sure. I also thought the flintlock plate was junk too. Luckily the folks on youtube let me know really quick haha. Thanks!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well done. You have some really nice stuff, breastplate, Morgan, CSA button... yeah...

Best of luck to you sir!
Thanks so much!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was a cow tag when I found it but you're the 3rd person to say railroad tag some I'm going with that for sure. I also thought the flintlock plate was junk too. Luckily the folks on youtube let me know really quick haha. Thanks!

You might be able to find something about it on this site? I found one that was a baggage tag a railrd from Phila. PA to Cape May NJ then other side had Cape May to Phila. PA

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to find something about it on this site? I found one that was a baggage tag a railrd from Phila. PA to Cape May NJ then other side had Cape May to Phila. PA
Thanks man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread