My Finds: Metal Detecting Mexico

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, just a brief note before I get to the goods. My wife & I just got back from Mexico...We travel once or twice a year for some R&R, and I always take my Excalibur when we go, This thing Kills target's!

last year, at this same spot, I found 14 Rings, a necklace and several pieces of Jewelry & over 80 10 peso coins... Now, for this year.

This year I was a bit early because my spot was still sanded in Big Time. All of my finds come from the water (as usual), but it was hard digging targets this year because the sand hadn't moved yet. 2 feet of sand before I got to the shells made it a hard task to say the least for me this year, but there was just a small area that I could still scoop up shells when I hit a target about a foot down.

My stay was a week, but my digging was all done in 1 day x_x, but not before I dug what I could. All told, I ended up with 5 Rings (No Gold), and only one of those was Silver with the other 4 either Stainless or Titanium. I did manage to find a 43 gram Honker of a Sterling Silver Necklace and a few Sterling ear rings to boot.

All & all, the vacation was awesome, but my finds left me wanting more, lol. Here is the goods, till next time, Happy Hunting, DirtDiga
311xf90.jpg

ir70i0.jpg

Upvote 14

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your fantastic silver - stainless & titanium finds on your vacation in Mexico and thanks for sharing your pictures & story with us.

Texas ED

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats ,talked to a person who lives out thwhat part of mexico did you go to.about a month ago was down in cancun didnt find much ,talked to a local and he told me that for some people its there job to metal detect.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Lookn, That looks like a good day of hunting to me! Congratz. What part of MX? I'm hoping for a Baja vacation soon. Plan on taking my gear. Have never hunted anything but mountain dirt and duff.

OP
OP
looknforgold

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always hunted the Caribbean side of Mexico, that's where we travel.

Sorry, I can't provide specifics on the location. But, I do know there is 2 locals that hit the same area as I. One uses a Dual Field, and the other, an Excal.

There seems to be plenty of finds to go around, right now anyways.

This spot is huge though, and a lot of people swim at this beach daily.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! You may not have found as much as last year, but I bet it was fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions