• ForumRunner_20130928_204600.png
    ForumRunner_20130928_204600.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open it up. Put it in all metal mode, change the sounds from 4 to 99 turn the sensativity all the way up, then slowly turn it down until the machine stops chattering. Of course if its going to deep throttle it down.
Listen to it sng and pick out the good targets.

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
Looks like a great hunt nice finds. Advice go as much as you can and keep digging.

H. H. GOD BLESS

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I f your not finding silver in the places your hunting you need to hunt different types of places. Try knocking on some doors in old neighborhoods. Any relatives or coworkers live in older houses? Watch for sidewalk tear outs probably the best place for me anyway. Good luck.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of people get into this thinking there's treassure everywhere. But what they don't reliaze is people didnt carry money like they do today. You may go a whole month back then with a dollar in spending cash. Lol I'm talking clear into the 60's. on here you see guys finding all those coins but they've been doing it for years and know where to go and what to listen for. But mostly it's just luck with a few that "pad" their finds I think lol. Heck I go to the 1915 school across from my house daily and still find things in areas I hit over and over. Like the other day hit a little grassy patch, problay 15th time I have, and pulled a ring from 3" after some rain. Now there's guys out there I've seen with 1500 dollar detectors that won't find nothing but I will with my 10 dollar GS find. It's all about how you k ow your machine, as I go I'm learning how to play with my knobs and get better depth and signal outta it. Just keep swininging you'll get it soon enough.

Ps I forgot the guy who misses stuff at the school uses a minelab something. So a higher dollar machine does not mean better finds.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still pretty new to the hobby ( less than a year ), but common sense says the cost of the detector means nothing if you don't understand what you're seeing and hearing. Being in an area that probably will provide targets and of course thoroughness in your search are determining factors in success. Having said that, rubbing the old rabbit's foot sometimes might help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread