What's new

MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

johnny4506

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Groundhog
MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

THESE ARE MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 7 1/2 ACRE FARM WITH ALOT OF HISTORY IN THE AREA. THERE IS A PHOSPHATE MINE ON THE REAR OF MY PROPERTY THAT WAS HEAVILY MINED SINCE THE 1800s. I THINK THE MINE CLOSED IN THE 1940s. I WILL HUNT THAT NEXT. THERE IS A OLD HOME NEXT DOOR AND A 2 HEADSTONE GRAVE SITE WITHIN 2 MILES FROM MY HOME WHERE I FOUND THESE ITEMS IN A COUPLE OF HOURS. THERE ARE 2 INDIAN HEAD PENNIES. ONE FROM EACH SITE. THE DATES ARE 1899 AND 1901. THE SILVER QUARTER IS A 1943. THE BUCKLE IS MADE OF BRASS,(I THINK) AND IT LOOKS HAND FORGED. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF IT COULD BE FROM A CIVIL WAR SOLDIERS UNIFORM? PERHAPS A BELT OR STRAP OF SOME SORT. I ALSO FOUND AN OLD MATCHBOX CAR FROM 1973. IT WAS MADE IN ENGLAND. AS FAR AS I KNOW MATCHBOX HAS BEEN MAKING TOYS IN TAWAN OR INDONESIA FOR A LONG TIME NOW. THERE IS ALSO AN OLD DOG TAG. THE REASON THAT THE COINS ARE SO CLEAN IS BECAUSE I MADE AN ELECTROLOSIS MACHINE. IT IS GREAT FOR CLEANING COINS LIKE THE PROS DO. ANYWAY, ENJOY THE PICKS AND HAPPY HUNTIN. JOHNNY
 

Attachments

  • Picture 568.webp
    Picture 568.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,346
  • Picture 569.webp
    Picture 569.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,334
  • Picture 570.webp
    Picture 570.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,341
  • Picture 571.webp
    Picture 571.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,334
  • Picture 572.webp
    Picture 572.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,322
Upvote 0
Re: MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

Hi Johnny, I am hikeinmts. If I lived in central Fla. I would give you a buzz. But, I live in S. Korea, and that's a mite far for either of us to travel on the weekend. ::) I was impressed by your willingness to share how you use the electrolisis. Seemed like the right attitude about this wonderful hobby of ours. So, I will share something with you. But, need you to message me
asking what the message is about, and I will send you an answer. (My answer will contain info on a very very old and nice prospective site in Central Fla that perhaps you can get permission to hunt.)
God bless. hike in mts
 
Re: MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

Thanks for the info on this Johnny, you have made it simple enough that even I can do it! it looks like it may be peanut butter jelly time! outstanding work here scout! thanks much. :thumbsup:

Chuck.
 
Re: MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

Nice Indians! HH
 
Re: MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

Thank you so much for that info! I am going to try making one for myself. I have lots of old "chargers" that will work... Where abouts do you live in Florida? Maybe we could hook up sometime and hunt together?

Nice finds BTW...
 
Re: MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

Silver Surfer said:
Thank you so much for that info! I am going to try making one for myself. I have lots of old "chargers" that will work... Where abouts do you live in Florida? Maybe we could hook up sometime and hunt together?

Nice finds BTW...
I live in a small town called Newberry. It's about 12 miles West of Gainesville, Florida. Johnny
 
Re: MY FINDS TODAY 12/6/09 OLD HOME NEXT DOOR & GRAVE SITE

I am just south of Sebring... Looks like you are a bit of a drive from me.. Bummer...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom