my finds.

follow the photo gallery link to see my finds.

index.php

index.php

beep, I got it to come up. You might find the bottle attached interesting. Back in the early 90's while I was with the Southport NC(USA) PD we had a visitor from Merseyside( England) PD which use to be Southport England PD.? David was a great guy and we enjoyed his visit. When he left I gave him an old wine bottle with the British Crown on it to take back to England that I had recoved from the Cape Fear River.
A month or so after he returned to Merseyside I got a package from him. Enclosed was the bottle pictured below which had been dug in a yard where he lived. It is a little hard to read in the pics but it is R.P.CULLEY & Co.LD.? ? ? ?Southport.

beep,
in your close up pic. could you post or email me a photo of the pottery jar on the right side top row?
How about posting some photos of the bottles looks like some nice finds.

right ill do that charles. Its a marmelade jar though.

index.php

beep, the jar I asked about in your photo looks a lot like this one I found in the Cape Fear River. I can't tell by the photo is it a Keiller & Sons DunDee Marmalade from London ? Mine has a date of 1862 on it. Do you have any history on this company.
thanks

Dundee's link with jam stems from Janet Keiller's 1797 recipe for marmalade made from Seville oranges. Her son, James Keiller, was responsible for industrialising the process.

Thats all i got charles. My pot is about 1920s. The one you have is very old/

thanks for the info. The area I recovered mine was a military fort since about 1760. Lots of Civil War activity at that location.

It's a special feeling to know you are the 1st person in 140+ years to touch something like that.

did you say you dive for these bottles> Thats cool. Something we dont get to do i n the UK due to lack of sites.

Yes all these are from a watery grave. found them near a military installation started in about 1749 and still in use today. All found in 5 to 35 ft of water (pitch black most of the time).

id love to dive in my river. Ohhhhhhh the finds.. both glass and metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back