My Finished Robert E Lee Drawing

I like it, but I think Stonewall would be a better choice as he was the best general of the conflict

I like it, but I think Stonewall would be a better choice as he was the best general of the conflict
He is my favorite general of the war. But I needed a picture that my teacher would approve of and this is the one she did.

Glad to see it finished well done. I remember your first post when you started it. That is one to be proud of.

This is wonderful work! (Hey Mr. Moderators, Can we have a forum for member's original art?)

As a FORMER semi pro artist, classified as 'abstract realism' (hey, thirty years ago you could find T-shirts with my art on them in truck stops across Oklahoma and Texas, I had local exihibitions and sold stuff across Oklahoma, Texas, and Colorado, but unfortunately pretty much told folks to go to h*ll when they told me what they wanted me to draw or paint) I shall critique your work. I like it, good job. (I'm named for your subject so that might sway my opinion a little.) Good technique. The eyes are always the hardest things to get right in a portrait, and you've done well on those. Your teacher probably wanted you to draw General Lee as there's more character in his face than Jackson's, and it would challenge your abilities, and makes for a better drawing. Once again, good job, keep it up, and you get an A+.

This is wonderful work! (Hey Mr. Moderators, Can we have a forum for member's original art?)

Already checking on it right now, will advise when I know more. ..

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

You are gifted and have brought it to life! Beautiful!

Thanks guys! I am surprised I could do this. This is by far my best drawing ever.

Amazing rendition ! You have many gifts , not only a great eye , but a ton of patience as well ! I used to do a bit of drawing in the 1980's ,
and 90's - haven't done much since . Stay with it ! Your talent will be rewarded .

Thanks guys! I am surprised I could do this. This is by far my best drawing ever.

Isn't it a great feeling when you figure out being able to draw or paint life like images is not some special magic talent only a few are born with! That was something my clueless mother engrained in me.. you have to be born with it.. and i believed her! At about 40 years of age I figured out she was wrong about this misconception! Drawing and painting is a skill that can be learned and requires a lot of work and time to get good at. Yes some people can "see" thing differently and that is a talent but is not required.. Don't let anyone tell you that you can not do something because you were not born with this or that talent, it is just a cop out! Keep at it, push yourself to excel trying more intricate and difficult subjects with each new work. Never stop enjoying it.. when it becomes work.. it ain't fun no more.. i.e. when you start doing commissions.. art for hire is just work...

And Happy Birthday to this great general. He was a great man and I will make sure my descendants know all about what he did and what he fought for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back