What's new

my first 2 cent piece

Thirty6fordguy

Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab Etrac, Garrett GMH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a yard at an old farm house that is vacant. I found a lot of clad and Several wheats along with these three. 1869 Indian head, 1864 2 cent piece and 1890 v nickel. Also some old sleigh bells and other farm related things.
 

Attachments

  • coins 2 edited A.webp
    coins 2 edited A.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 203
  • coins 3 edited A.webp
    coins 3 edited A.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 54
Awesome. Congrats on a hard-to-find 1st. It's in nice shape too
 
A nice threesome for the day!!
 
Prettiest eight cents I have seen I have seen in a while....nice digs.
 
So cool! I've been treasure hunting for a very long time and have yet to find one! Big congrats on finding your first! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Awesome finds, Congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Congrats, I think everyone would be elated to have a hunt like you did. Those are 3 quality finds there.
 
Congtats on a Great hunt!! Quality finds but, that 2 Cent piece is something else. Still on my wish list.
 
Congrats on the 2-center and the other finds! That 1869 Indian is a very good date value-wise...

-- Jeff --
 
Nice shape too...well done!
 
appears you have a certified honey hole---DIGITALL--the relics are generally better than the coin hits. some of the iron targets can be major blacksmith keepers, but the brass, lead and copper hits can be serious goodies
I hit a yard at an old farm house that is vacant. I found a lot of clad and Several wheats along with these three. 1869 Indian head, 1864 2 cent piece and 1890 v nickel. Also some old sleigh bells and other farm related things.
 
Congrats on the first 2 center
 
Always nice to knock one off the bucket list. Last year I was on a roll with 2 centers with 7 of them. As earlier mentioned, that 1869 is a very rare date Indian. Great day digging!
 
Congratulations! on the first 2 center.
 
Very good find Thirty
The motto IN GOD WE TRUST first appeared on this new coin.
The 1864 2 cent has a small motto, and a largo motto ...my Red book.. small motto over $200.00 and large motto around $15.00.
Gary
 
Very nice . Congrats
 
Sweet find! Congrats!
I'd love to find a 2 cent piece.
 
That is a great hunt that Indian head is semi key date. And who doesn't love a two-cent piece? I don't think I was ever happier then when I dug my 2 cent piece. Hard to beat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom