What's new

My First A. Weinman Dime!!!

MauserMan

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
279
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Picked up two boxes of dimes today. The third roll from box #1 produced a nice '64d, so it felt good to get a skunk out of the way that quickly. Two thirds through the box, I had nothing more to report, but then I noticed what was clearly a silver rim, though an old one. Thinking nothing more, I pulled the dime and was thrilled to see a mercury. It's a very warn 1927, and appears to be a Philly mint. It took me over 20 boxes, but I finally met my goal of finding a merc this year!!!

Box 2 was a skunk, but I'm still glad to have found a merc, and an old one at that! ;D
 

Attachments

  • 1st merc.webp
    1st merc.webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 497
  • 1st mercii.webp
    1st mercii.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0
good job, i would think i did about 10 boxes, still no mercs to show for it
 
MauserMan said:
Picked up two boxes of dimes today. The third roll from box #1 produced a nice '64d, so it felt good to get a skunk out of the way that quickly. Two thirds through the box, I had nothing more to report, but then I noticed what was clearly a silver rim, though an old one. Thinking nothing more, I pulled the dime and was thrilled to see a mercury. It's a very warn 1927, and appears to be a Philly mint. It took me over 20 boxes, but I finally met my goal of finding a merc this year!!!

Box 2 was a skunk, but I'm still glad to have found a merc, and an old one at that! ;D
Nice Job! Finding mercs is probaly one of the most exciting things when hunting dimes. Hopefully there is more to come for you
 
Congrats! The only Merc I've found had a hole drilled in it... Oh well, still a Merc. Good on you!

HH
 
Nice find MauserMan! all the more sweet due to the time it took to find, enjoy it and the many more to come. HH!

Chuck.
 
had to look up A.Weinman. didn't know he designed the Merc and the Walking Liberty :thumbsup:
good info
 
Good score MauserMan :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
mistergee said:
had to look up A.Weinman. didn't know he designed the Merc and the Walking Liberty :thumbsup:
good info
I knew what u meant. Cool score :icon_thumleft:.
HH,
Legend
 
legend76 said:
mistergee said:
had to look up A.Weinman. didn't know he designed the Merc and the Walking Liberty :thumbsup:
good info
I knew what u meant. Cool score :icon_thumleft:.
HH,
Legend
I guess he designed the peace dollar also. Not too shabby...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom