What's new

My First Barber!!

XP Shooter

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
30
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I and Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the E-Trac to a neighboring town to do some coin shooting. I found an old Textile League ball field, and began swinging. After $2.25 in clad quarters (I leave the pennies and dimes), a Hot Wheels Porsche 924, and a couple of pieces of junk, the E-Trac flutes a strong 12-49. My first thought was a large silver ring or broach, but when I popped the plug, I immediately began to freak out! This is my first Barber- a 1903 quarter in really good shape! It's also the oldest coin I've found so far, and my 38th silver since I started detecting last June. :laughing7:
I apologize for the sideways pics!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    256.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    353.7 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 30
Fantastic find! I gotta get out, maybe later or tomorrow... There's probably more in that dirt, cant wait to see what else you pull from there...very nice
 
Congrats on your first Barber. Thats a nice coin.
 
Oh Yeah!!
I never found a Barber Q...
Also a Great Quarter for the Quartermaster87.
 
Great save on your first Barber!!! A nice one to boot!!! :occasion14:
 
Great find and congrats on your oldest coin. I found a 1907 Barber a couple of weeks ago in St. Augustine. Are you in the low country? I spend some time in the Bluffton area.
 
Congratualtions on the large old silver coin!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom