What's new

My First Barber!

sneak

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
263
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Today on my lunch hour I decided to check 3 banks to see if they had any halves. The first one only had 1 roll, the second had 9 rolls and the last had 13 rolls. So I had 23 rolls to look through tonight. They were all hand rolled and most of them were not marked so I had high hopes. ;) 4 different rolls yielded 1 40% each, 1 roll had a 1980 Mexican Un Peso, and one roll had a 1903 Barber Half dollar! :o This is my first Barber and also my oldest coin find while CRHing. The Barber will probably grade AG but it has a strong date and no damage, just honest wear. I am a happy camper! ;D Oh yeah, 3 of the rolls had an extra coin in them. I guess that makes up for the 3 coins I was short last week! LOL

Does anybody know what a 1980 Mexican Un Peso is worth? Probably a lot less than .50 cents!
 
Upvote 0
A Braber. In handrolls. Awesome. I need one of those. Congrats.
 
Nice find on the Barber- I need one of them 2, maybe in the next roll.
I looked up the exchange rate and a peso is about $.09. I did one batch of hand rolls where all had 20 but the last one didn't fit my hand right- got done sortin and had 5 extra in that one.
HH Mark
 
ME_CO said:
I looked up the exchange rate and a peso is about $.09. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! I didn't figure it was worth much but I was surprised to find it. Good luck!
 
Excellent!!
I think those 23 rolls would have been searched and rerolled by me as I drove back to work- you'll get the knack of it..
Awsome on the Barber! ;D
 
WTG on the barber!! I may be wrong but I think the Mex. peso has been devalued since 1980, and your coin is basically worthless. Doug
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom