What's new

My First BIG Silver-Ever...

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've watched countless big silvers found here on T-net. Watched my own kid find 3 big silvers while swinging next to him.
I do ok finding silver coins, got 2 Spanish silvers to my credit and even got 3 SLQ's this year alone. I could never find anything bigger then a quarter though, that all changed today.
I got a small 92 hit at 6-8" on the AT Pro but, still didn't get excited. That is until I flipped the plug and saw a silver reeded edge sticking out of the dirt.
Finally the real deal and I have my first Big silver, 1949-D Benjamin.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    112.6 KB · Views: 211
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 202
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 210
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 58
All is good!!
 
Good job, great find
 
Bingo! Congrats and welcome to the club! :)
 
Nice big old silvers bud. You've found a lot of nice ones this season
 
Congrats on your milestone Silver.
 
Congrats on the Silver Half! :occasion14:

Sure beats digging battery oil bottles I bet! :laughing7:

Dave
 
Congrats on the first big silver Deershed ! Need to find one of those myself still, hard to find they are :BangHead:
 
Thanks Everyone for the kind words and complements!!

Sitting in the Poconos for the weekend and no metal detector. Still on cloud 9 from finding the half, Awesome feeling finding my first big silver.
 
Congrats on the Silver Half! :occasion14:

Sure beats digging battery oil bottles I bet! :laughing7:

Dave

Thanks!! Beats digging just about anything I've ever found. Lol
 
Big congratulations on your first big silver
 
Congratulations Deershed on your 1st BIG silver coin!!! I can feel the excitement you surely felt when you first saw that large reeded edge in the hole! I've yet to find my 1st but remain hopeful and patient. I've only been detecting for 2 years now. Got a "taste" of the excitement on mothers day when I found my 1st ever SLQ so things are looking up I think. I hope yours is the 1st of many more big silvers, congratulations! GL&HH
 
Last edited:
Congratulations Deershed on your 1st BIG silver coin!!! I can feel the excitement you surely felt when you first saw that large reeded edge in the hole! I've yet to find my 1st but remain hopeful and patient. I've only been detecting for 2 years now. Got a "taste" of the excitement on mothers day when I found my 1st ever SLQ so things are looking up I think. I hope yours is the 1st of many more big silvers, congratulations! GL&HH

Thank you Sir!!

This is my second year this year detecting, so I really can't complain myself. Found 46 silvers last year and this year found my first gold and now my first big silver. I'm already at 31 silvers this year and what I think are some other really cool pieces of history.
Congrats on your SLQ!! That's the closest I was to big silver before my Franklin half. Lol Hope your first big silver comes soon.
 
Love when those halves pop out of the plug. Congrats on your first big silver.:occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom