What's new

My First BIG Silver-Ever...

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've watched countless big silvers found here on T-net. Watched my own kid find 3 big silvers while swinging next to him.
I do ok finding silver coins, got 2 Spanish silvers to my credit and even got 3 SLQ's this year alone. I could never find anything bigger then a quarter though, that all changed today.
I got a small 92 hit at 6-8" on the AT Pro but, still didn't get excited. That is until I flipped the plug and saw a silver reeded edge sticking out of the dirt.
Finally the real deal and I have my first Big silver, 1949-D Benjamin.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    112.6 KB · Views: 211
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 202
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 210
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 58
Wonderful find ! I've dug a couple Walkers , even a 40% silver Kennedy - but not a Franklin yet . they don't seem to come up
all that often (kind of a short run 1948 to 1963)
 
Funny, silver halves and dollars have eluded me too for many years. I just dug my first half too a few months back--also a Franklin. Congrats!
 
Yeah man, I'd be happy with that! Congrats on the first big silver
 
bet that was exciting!, congrats on your first half!
 
Woooohooooo! Gotta love them big fat juicy silvers! Congrats on that big 'ol hunk of silver. ANY big silv is NOT easy to come by. Congrats again!
 
Great find! I'm still waiting to find my first big silver!
 
Lucky day! What's not to like about that? Good job DS!
 
When they are big and you can feel a little weight, it changes it a little. Congrats on a first for you, I like those Franklin's, he is one of my favorite forefathers!
 
Always love those Half's .. Very nice dig for your boy!
 
Nice job on the Franklin. Because of the short lived series, they don't show up that often.
 
Congrats on your first BIG One and a Franklin at that I found my first Ben under an old swimming hole bathhouse many years ago. They don't pop out often
 
Congratulations!
 
Nice! Congrats!

Your climbing the silver ladder!
 
Congratulations Deershed! I have never found anything larger than a silver dime. I will keep the faith because of you! Sub 8-)
 
Always love those Half's .. Very nice dig for your boy!

Hey, the kid finds enough of his own big silvers, this was my big silver? Lol
 
Congratulations Deershed! I have never found anything larger than a silver dime. I will keep the faith because of you! Sub 8-)

Wow, I'd have never thought that. I figured you found as many silver coins as you've found rings.

Hope you pull a couple silver quarters your next hunt then a Big silver dollar!!
 
Congrats on your first big silver! There is nothing like seeing that big ol' reeded edge exposed to the light of day...that will surely get your blood pumping. I have found quite a few halves, Walkers & Barbers, but only one Franklin...a 1949S. They truly don't get dug all that often...now go buy yourself a lottery ticket.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom