What's new

My first box of halves

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't get much. Only one silver, 1969D. I did manage to get a bicentennial proof though, my first one of those. At least it wasn't a skunk batch.
 
Upvote 0
By the way, anyone else getting many proofs??? My first 8 months I never found one half dollar proof, and in the last 2 weeks, I've got 3 of them. All in top shape.
 
10 in the last 5 months.
They're out there...
 
I had a stint where I was finding about 1 S Proof coin per box when I started, but since then I believe I have gone through 20 boxes, and only found 1 Proof coin.....they are out there just like the silver. Don't look down on the 1 40%er you did score. It all adds up, and when you hit about 5 skunk boxes in a row (many more for some folks) your heart will skip a beat when you see that 1 silver rim. Good luck and happy hunting
 
timbobwey said:
By the way, anyone else getting many proofs??? My first 8 months I never found one half dollar proof, and in the last 2 weeks, I've got 3 of them. All in top shape.

In 9 months of CRH'ing have found at least 400 Proofs, maybe 15 of them being Silver ones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom