my first box ?

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Well I picked up a box of Penny's the other day thinking that I could fill up a coin book that needed 1977 & up to date. This is the first time I have tried this & I was surprised that 99% of the coins were Denver mint mark, not one other mint except in a few older 1960 70s Penny's.

I am located about half way between Denver & San Fransisco, I thought there would be a few mixed mint's in the lot? I guess I am going to have to try something else to finish up the book.
Of the 2500 5 were pre 58.

Does anyone know how the coins are distributed from the mints or is there any no set way they go out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
twinsrule said:
Post the wheaties' years and mints.
There were no key dates & the oldest was a 42d up to 58d I did better at a coin shop here that sells wheatie's cheap & Indians for $2.00

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
As a rule-

D's west of the Miss., P's east of the Miss.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I live in the San Francisco bay area and I only find about half S mints for those dates that they minted for circulation. The others were all denver for those years. Denvers are very common here too.

OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
SFBayArea said:
I live in the San Francisco bay area and I only find about half S mints for those dates that they minted for circulation. The others were all denver for those years. Denvers are very common here too.

Here in Utah I will have to buy proofs I guess if I want the S mint series. Seem's like the few shops here are getting $3-4 each.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread