What's new

my first box ?

bula

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
606
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Well I picked up a box of Penny's the other day thinking that I could fill up a coin book that needed 1977 & up to date. This is the first time I have tried this & I was surprised that 99% of the coins were Denver mint mark, not one other mint except in a few older 1960 70s Penny's.

I am located about half way between Denver & San Fransisco, I thought there would be a few mixed mint's in the lot? I guess I am going to have to try something else to finish up the book.
Of the 2500 5 were pre 58.

Does anyone know how the coins are distributed from the mints or is there any no set way they go out.
 
Upvote 0
twinsrule said:
Post the wheaties' years and mints.
There were no key dates & the oldest was a 42d up to 58d I did better at a coin shop here that sells wheatie's cheap & Indians for $2.00
 
As a rule-

D's west of the Miss., P's east of the Miss.
 
I live in the San Francisco bay area and I only find about half S mints for those dates that they minted for circulation. The others were all denver for those years. Denvers are very common here too.
 
SFBayArea said:
I live in the San Francisco bay area and I only find about half S mints for those dates that they minted for circulation. The others were all denver for those years. Denvers are very common here too.

Here in Utah I will have to buy proofs I guess if I want the S mint series. Seem's like the few shops here are getting $3-4 each.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom