My first Buffalo Nickel

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Well, I went right out to try the changes that I made after reading what was suggested for Mumszie (in her "Meager Finds and Problem to Be Solved" post - and did ok - I found my FIRST BUFFALO NICKEL - dated 1935 - and at the beach! My photo shows what I thought for sure would be diamonds since they came out of the sand just so sparkley - but the ring itself is just junk metal.

In my photo there is a white looking clump on the right that beeped like crazy - I was hoping it would hold a surprise. It did! A penny - only thing I kind of chipped it when I hit it with a hammer! But just goes to show you that if a rock beeps - take it.

Beach had loads of jelly fish bigger than a dinner plate all washed up - looked like martian helmets.

Can't wait to try again.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 210
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice going on the buf you don't see those come out of the water everyday. The ring is pretty too

OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Forgot to mention - that when my son and I were hunting the beach, a young man asked us if we had found his sterling wedding band that he had lost either in the surf or from where he was staying on the beach to the water. He said it said something like "to my bear" inside. Well, I tried my darndest looking from his backyard area to the water line and all around but never could help him. It would have been nice to return it to him. However, that was when I found my pretty little junk ring - never would have been up that far from the water area if he hadn't asked.

Hope he does get it back somehow.....

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Daphne;
How cool..finding a buffalo at the beach. congrats! I like the ring too.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
its not everyday you see a buffalo roaming the beach. maybe I should carry a gun, then I could show it to tourists and watch em run! :evil6:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
That would have been great to find that ring for the young man but ..... at least you found one you could keep! WTG one more for the treasure chest!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread