My First Cache In NW Ohio this year

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High guys, well it isn't much of a cache but it is one. My buddy and I were hunting an old school house site yesterday after work. We had found a few items in the side yard including a couple of broken spurs, an old toy car with rubber tires, a few Wheaties and lots of new money. There is someone living at this location and we asked for permission to hunt his yard. He said that no one had ever asked or hunted this site. WOWOWOWOW! We headed for the south side of the school where no new dirt had been filled in and the fun started. One of the holes I dug, I found 1 wheatie, then checking the hole again ( as I know everyone on here always does, yeah right), I found another and another and another and when I was all done I dug up 8 Wheaties and on Rosy silver dime. After filling in the hole I checked the area again and low and behold right beside the whole I had dug all the coins out of was a Quarter reading on my Whites XLT and sure enough it was a Quarter. So I guess you could say this is my first Cache of the year. Besides all of this for the two hours we hunted, I found 19 Wheaties, 2 Indian Head pennies, 2 silver dimes, 1 quarter, a toy car, a 1956 dog tag, a Lutheran Secret Society pin, and a few new coins. My buddy using my ACE 250 found 3 Indian Head pennies and 3 Wheaties and several new quarters and other coins. He also found a really neat token. The writing on it says Founders Week, Philadelphia. I'm hoping to add a photo of these items on here. Happy hunting guys, ringfinder

Attachments

• First Cache of the Year.jpg
    First Cache of the Year.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 674
  • Nice Mercury.jpg
    Nice Mercury.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 664
  • Philly Badge.jpg
    Philly Badge.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0

Johnnie

Apr 6, 2005
Nice Finds! I've only been able to find two wheats in one hole so far. The SS on the Lutheran pin stands for Sunday School. Good luck with the rest of the site.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Johnnie, thanks for the information on the Lutherin Pin. Hopefully this week my partner and I will get to return to the school house site. It is supposed to be near 60 by Friday. In fact I hope everyone gets out of the house and gets to do some detecting this week. HH guys, ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread