What's new

My First Chainlike Necklace and clad

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
2,411
Reaction score
160
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get out yesterday afternoon for about an hour and a half and then about the same today. Found a total of 65 coins and a necklace of some sort..Came from a football/soccer field so figure it is just el cheapo....but it is my first..Tried a new program on the eagle spectrum and I dug more iffy signals...Guess I will dig the iffy ones for awhile now. HH all.
 

Attachments

  • 100507a.webp
    100507a.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
65 coins man think of all those holes that those kids are gonna trip in now :D :D

HH
 
Hu "el cheapo....?" That looks more like a 14k gold chain. Dose it have a 14k or 18k mark on it maybe a 10k?

WTG, Keep @ it and HH!
 
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hu "el cheapo....?" That looks more like a 14k gold chain. Dose it have a 14k or 18k mark on it maybe a 10k?

WTG, Keep @ it and HH!
Cleaning it up now..Will put on my magnifying googles in a bit...lol
 
Hey SC!!! Nice finds!!!! :)
 
mtbiker said:
Hey SC!!! Nice finds!!!! :)
I've been a waitin to see some of yours...Hope all is well up there and staying safe..:)
 
SC_hunter,

Sure hope that mariner link necklace turns out to be gold!
Let us see what it looks like cleaned up, ok?
Any markings on it? Gucci would be nice :)
 
Nice finds...i found a sterling necklace quite similar to that one,and was tarnished as bad as that but it cleaned up very nice(was the easiest thing to clean i've found yet) i used Wright's silver cream...works well on gold as well
 
Hi SC_Hunter:

Just got your message and I am checking out your finds! You have got to let us know if the chain is real or not, either way I take off my hat to your finds. Like I have said, we need to get together next summer and doing some detecting for a bit. I can bring the boys down and they will have a blast.

Congrats on your finds.
 
That Necklace looks like tarnished silver in the photo.

Brasso also cleans up the silver nicely.



Congratulations!




Ridley
 
Ridley said:
That Necklace looks like tarnished silver in the photo.

Brasso also cleans up the silver nicely.



Congratulations!




Ridley

Thats what i was thinking,the silver one i found looked just like that,even kind of a black tarnish
 
Ok, I finally found a mark on the chain....It is definitely not gold...but I'm still a little baffled. It has the mark .923...Now I know sterling silver is .925 but never seen a .923. Any ideas?
 
SC_hunter said:
Ok, I finally found a mark on the chain....It is definitely not gold...but I'm still a little baffled. It has the mark .923...Now I know sterling silver is .925 but never seen a .923. Any ideas?
I would think that would mean that it is still silver just not full sterling silver has some other adative in it
 
Cool steve, I wonder what the necklace is all about.

Good work

Ken
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom