What's new

My first Cob

tmoore

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fulton, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Hi,
I got this cob when I was 12 years old (I am 47 now), and after all this time, I finally got curious about it. Hopefully, someone with way more knowledge than I possess on this subject can tell me something about my coin.
Thanks,
Tim Moore
 

Attachments

  • Scan003.webp
    Scan003.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 403
  • Scan004.webp
    Scan004.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 394
Looks like an 8 Reale
Pillar and Wave Variety
Possibly Lima
after the beginning of the 1680's when the lima
mint re opened.

Your coin is a good example of "value" that I am discussing
in an earlier post. I am sure you personally ad a value to
this speciem as it was your first find
 
I agree it's a Lima-8R; designated by the "L" in the upper left of the 'tic-tac-toe' and (on the 'cross' side) by the "L" to the left of the horizontal crossbar.
Here's an image you can compare to--and align your own coin.
http://67.225.158.33/~macuquin/index2/Felipe%20V/cecas/nuevo%20mundo/lima/lima/8%20Reales%201736%20Lima%20N%20(Royal).jpg
Congrats on your find !!!
Don.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom