Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has been a while and my hunts have been few......just too dang hot for this ol' f*rt to get out. Long story short, I found a couple of places that looked like good potential for hunting, so, I got out at daybreak to beat the heat and got in a two hour hunt. The result was 50 coins and 8 doo-dads of no consequence, except for the dollar coin. It is nothing like all the Morgan's you other guys have been unearthing, but, I bet I'm one of very few that has found a Monroe dollar!

For your viewing enjoyment, here is the Monroe dollar......

monroedollar.jpg

........and my two hour take.........

062211take.jpg

The best part of the whole thing was that I got to get out and hunt!! I sure have missed it, but, I have been lurking around here and enjoying everyone else's finds! One of these days, I'm going to find a piece of real gold and a real silver dollar. For now, however, I'm happy with a mostly copper dollar and an opportunity to hunt!! HH everyone..........

Upvote 0

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you were able to get out. Nice Monroe dollar.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
It seems to me a lot of the $1 Presidential are getting hoarded as fast as they are minted.

Nice toning to it as well. Congratulations on your excellent find!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I like the tone of your Monroe dollar. Something funky happens to dollars that have hit circulation with regards to toning. They look sharp when they are freshly released, but as soon as some grimy hands get on them, they turn some ugly tones. Yours on the other hand looks fine. Perhaps, dumping them in the dirt will improve their appearance.

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodland Detectors said:
Congratulations. I wish they were all dollar coins :laughing7:

Yeah, me too! As far as the tone goes, since they are mostly copper, I think the color is about right for having been in the ground for two or three years.......it was about 4 inches deep and ID'd in the high quarter range.

coteau

Apr 12, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-TERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found my first dollar coin today 6-25-11. :hello2: Mine ain't as old as yours though. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coteau said:
I also found my first dollar coin today 6-25-11. :hello2: Mine ain't as old as yours though. :laughing7:

Yours must be awful new.......mine is a 2008. What did you find?

Dangerman

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax and Whites Spectra V3i
We also found our first dollar coin today it is a James Madison 2007. After that we found a Susan B Anthony dollar coin 1979 a cheap ring, 2 chrome skeleton keys a nose ring with a fake diamond and $4.16 in clad. My Granddaughter and I had a great time. I think I will hear my Tesoro hitting coins in my sleep.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Love the dollar!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Beats a clad quarter every day of the week! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread