Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back into the woods this morning on the hunt for relics, not so steamy today as we had a cool down Thursday night. Mostly roundballs but I did get a loud but deep buckle. Late in the hunt, a high-tone ringing in at 31 on the Equinox turned out to be a very readable 1798 Draped Bust LC.
IMG_7920.JPGIMG_7921.JPGIMG_7918.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 41
BEAUTIFUL!! Woweee...McD, a DBLC with excellent details, those are hard to come by. My one and only DB Largie is an 1804, and took HOURS of picking to get what little date I got. Congrats on the bucket lister and also beautiful buckle! Ddf.

Thanks ddf! You know how copper coins will have a "good' side and a 'bad' side depending on which side was facing up? That's what this one's like, and I'm glad it was the obverse that turned out sharp.

Congrats, that LC is awesome and the buckle is super cool to. You east cost guys got it made.....

Thanks Squirrel322! Seems we have a jump on the early history here. This coin predates the site's known origin by more than 3 decades.

Thanks Randy. That sweet sound of a high-tone is rare in the woods. LCs have a nice high pitch on the Equinox.

Thanks villagenut. It was truly an unexpected surprise at the end of a long hunt.

Beautiful find. Certainly on our bucket list!!!!

Really nice find with the Draped Bust! I’ve only found one and in similar condition. Great that you have that much detail on the date. Congratulations!

For your first DB, that's a nice one! Great site you have there!

Nice solid date! That means everything So nice congrats

Any hunt that results in finding a coin from the 18th century is a good one. Congratulations on an awesome find!

Congrats on those sweet finds- that DBLC is awesome!

Nice LC and buckle! I've found some large cents dating before war of 1812 - but not a single one from the 1790's.

Large congrats!

Congrats. Ive found a few over the years but the state coppers and early US coppers(liberty cap draped bust) are tough to find for me. Ive found way more British coppers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back