My first finds

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everybody. I am new to the site and the hobby. I bought a bounty hunter about a month ago, took it out and found two silver dimes on the very first day and have been hooked every since. This is some of the stuff I have found so far, nothing great or old but I sure love digging stuff up. I have been been kind of hesitant to post with all the fantastic old stuff posted here but I have hunted hard and am thrilled with my finds. I wish I could hunt some of the places members on here get to go that has civil war relics! lol Hope you enjoy and hh

Attachments

• lock 2.JPG
    lock 2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 324
  • silver 2.JPG
    silver 2.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 340
  • group lot house.JPG
    group lot house.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 313
  • old horn 2.JPG
    old horn 2.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 14

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of finds,Love the silver and thats a neat lock!Thanks for sharing!!

HH John

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ladigger - very nice finds so far - Research, research, research - you'll be suprised what's around your area - do hyour home work and be patient - it will pay off - Happy Hunting

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Stuff Man!...it took me over 9 months for my first silver...You found some awesome finds!

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Stuff Man!...it took me over 9 months for my first silver...You found some awesome finds!

Thanks, I know I was lucky. I found a merc and the rosie the first saturday afternoon I hunted. Found one merc since and trust me I have hunted that property hard. It is an old house that had a little rural store on the property.

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Ladigger - very nice finds so far - Research, research, research - you'll be suprised what's around your area - do hyour home work and be patient - it will pay off - Happy Hunting

Thanks, I have tried to research on the computer but I am not having much luck finding the information I am seeking. I do have some good leads on a old blacksmith shop and an old wagon road that dates back to the 1840's. We will see how it works out.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Merc's I like the lock.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
What a great start, WOW! Silver coins in good shape, groovy horn and one of the best locks I've seen on t-net. Your Bounty Hunter will continue to produce for you! For research, keep in mind that city and county libraries usually have collections of old books, maps, newspapers & journals written by locals for locals in the old days -- these are a good source of what was in your area over a hundred years ago and contain much information that never appears on the Internet. Also, check with photographers who've been in your area for a long time -- some of these photographers are also history buffs who have collected old photos taken long before they were born. And most would appreciate your interest too.
Have fun & dig much! Andi

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcom to Tnet LA, your off to a good start and will have lots of fun out digging. Very nice lock, that horn is cool the iron D that you have looks like it's off a saddle....HH

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're do n good!

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Andy, Thanks for the great advice and help. I have the tracker IV and have been pleased with the results. The horn is off a 1938 ford car, I found it laying on the ground right beside the car. After I picked it up and realized what it was, I looked closer at the car and found the horns mate still laying on the left fender well. I thought they were really neat. hh and again thanks for the kind words and advice! Patrick

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2013
new jersey
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
heyy im 15 years old and have been detecting for about a year have not struck a silver yet but have one spot where i find bunch of wheaties do you think i will strike silver at this spot. Also i found a diamond ring with a bounty hunter iv great job.

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bounty hunter tracker 4????? i started with one of those and i was hooked back in october.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread