What's new

My first foreign coin CRHing...

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this in a box from B of A costarica.webp
There was 21 coins in that roll so it didn't cost me a cent. Good thing because it is worth less than 2 cents. >:( It is almost the size of a half but a little thinner. When I first saw it I "knew" I had something special because of the thin white stripe. Boy was I wrong. :P

10 Costa Rican Colon = 0.01966 US Dollar

It would take a 25 pound box of these to buy $20 worth of anything in Costa Rica. Anyone got a wheelbarrel.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find! We should have a contest - Least Valuable Coin found in Circulation (across the denominations). You might be the winner for half dollars! :)

-Brian
 
Just think how many it would take to fill up your gas tank.
 
It could even be worthless. Some of the not so recent Mexican coins are because there money has been devalued over time. I keep all the foreign coins in holders in a page in my "special coins" CRHing book.
 
There are some cool foreign coins. The older the better. I found a 1923 Canadian nickel at the coin return today. It kept jamming up and finally the coin popped out in the return tray. Pretty sure it wasnt one I put in. The side nicked pretty good twice. Im sure its from the coin return. Looked it up, not a drop of silver or any metal worth anything. Still the reverse kind of cool looking. Oh well, Ill keep it anyway. Probably worth more than your costa rica coin! ;D
 
Ah, it is still nice tho..Cool find.
 
kestrelia said:
Nice find! We should have a contest - Least Valuable Coin found in Circulation (across the denominations). You might be the winner for half dollars! :)

-Brian
I doubt it as mentioned above with the devaluing of the old Mexican peso, those are worth far less if I remember right and there may some lower than those. Old pesos are worth 1000x less than todays pesos.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom