What's new

My First Full Box of Halves

Mezmaron

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 22, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
So last week I got four rolls, and found two 40%s in there. So I went back to the same bank and ordered a box, (my first full box of halves) - SKUNK.

Also, how do you get the awful smell of coins off your hands after going through a box? I have tried washing with soap three times and I can still smell the coins.

Thanks! Mez
 
Upvote 0
A product made by Softsoap called "Kitchen Fresh Hands" works pretty well. That plus a liquid hand sanitizer works for me.
 
What do they smell like.?. They've never smelled to me.. sometimes the paper rolls have a new paint type smell but that's it.
 
ArkieBassMan said:
A product made by Softsoap called "Kitchen Fresh Hands" works pretty well. That plus a liquid hand sanitizer works for me.
I wear gloves when going through coins
 
Mez,
Too bad on the skunk box. Just have to keep on trying. Eventually you will score a good box.
I've never noticed if my hands smell after searching coins. I just wash them good after handling them.
HH
Rich
 
Mezmaron said:
I went back....SKUNK.

Also, how do you get the awful smell of coins off your hands

you answered your own question. you got a skunk box

the trick is not to get skunk boxes ;D

Actually I never really noticed any offensive smell, just grimey fingers when doing halves. Now cents are a different story. Copper does have it's own smell, it doesn't bother me tho.

I just wash my hands twice after sorting. A lot easier to cleanup after sorting than when I used to work on my old cars.
 
I just wash my hands with soft soap and I'm fine..... unless I got SKUNKED.
 
I just notice the dust on my hands when I'm done, I guess you can kind of smell the metal, but it's not bad
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom