My first GOLD coin

SuperSnoopy36

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2011
Hi all

I found this coin in the first week of April - an 1857 Gold Half Sovereign. It was found using my Minelab Sovereign GT! How cool is that!

Australia's first ever coins were minted in 1855 so this one's only a couple of years from that. In Uncirculated condition this coin would be worth $30,000!!! BUT this one's much much less probably around AU$400. Never gonna sell it though.

Awesome feeling diggin this up at the beach. Here's a video of me finding it (and doing the happy dance :hello2: )

Cheers
Snoopy

Attachments

• silver and gold.jpg
    silver and gold.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3,014
  • sov2.jpg
    sov2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 3,020
  • Sov rev.jpg
    Sov rev.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3,014
  • Sov obv.jpg
    Sov obv.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,009
Upvote 0
That is awesome ! It was great to see you so happy with your find . This makes all the long hours of hunting worth it just to see someone have a fantastic find .

Way to go Snoopy! :headbang: :icon_thumright:

Thats amazing....how long do you think it may have been there? or even got there????thats a great piece of history.

Congratulations on your beautiful gold sovereign! Many thanks for the informative and lovely on-site video that lets us feel like we've been hunting with you! Please post future finds also. Andi

YOUR ENTHUSIASIM SHOWS FROM WITH IN YOUR VIDEO YOU DESERVED THAT COIN FOR BEING TRUE TO THE HOBBY AND PICKING UP SOMEONE ELSES SCRAP WTG

Terrific Find. I found my first Gold Coin last year with a Whites MXT....it hit low like a cuff button but ended up being MUCH better than that! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

awesome, awesome, awesome.

Love the video. That is great work and had me smiling along with you.

Welcome to the boards.

You should post this in todays finds as well if you haven't already.

:icon_thumleft:

How did this not make the banner?

Well done :headbang: great coin , ive yet to find my first gold coin one day . The Sov. GT is a great machine :wink: Jim

SuperSnoopy36 said:
Hi all

I found this coin in the first week of April - an 1857 Gold Half Sovereign. It was found using my Minelab Sovereign GT! How cool is that!

Australia's first ever coins were minted in 1855 so this one's only a couple of years from that. In Uncirculated condition this coin would be worth $30,000!!! BUT this one's much much less probably around AU$400. Never gonna sell it though.

Awesome feeling diggin this up at the beach. Here's a video of me finding it (and doing the happy dance :hello2: ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh3iIUOvLVA

Cheers
Snoopy
Awesome find and very exciting video nice job

That is without a doubt one of the best video's I have seen here on Tnet! I watched it twice!

A big congratulations! :thumbsup:

Beautiful coin :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back