What's new

My First Gold Ring during a short hunt after work!

Stef45

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
781
Reaction score
1,228
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the same old school where I found Silver coins #2 and #3 on Sunday today after work. I was out there getting bit up pretty bad by bugs so i stopped and put on some spray. First dug target when i got back was a marked 14 K Gold Ring. It looks like it has a real diamond in it but I'm not 100% sure. Looks older for sure maybe 1940's 50's. Other than that I found some clad, a little plastic eagle, a weird lead thing, a key, and a broach/hair clip that is interesting. Safe to say I found a nice spot and i will hit it again this weekend. Y'all have a nice hump day!
IMG_2883.webpIMG_2887.webpIMG_2885.webpIMG_2888.webpIMG_2884.webpIMG_2886.webpIMG_2889.webp
 
Upvote 46
Sweet big gold !
 
Great big fat congratulations on the gold ring, Stef45! What kind of machine are you using? Sub 8-)
 
Sweet Big Gold Honker. Congratulations. Was that with that new machine??
 
Sure beats any I have found. Big congrats!
 
Great big fat congratulations on the gold ring, Stef45! What kind of machine are you using? Sub 8-)

Thanks! Im test driving VMIairpwr's Minelab Safari right now. Gonna buy it from him when he gets back for sure haha.
 
Sweet Big Gold Honker. Congratulations. Was that with that new machine??

Yeah. Haven't bought it off of VMI yet but i will be haha
 
Yeah. Haven't bought it off of VMI yet but i will be haha

Just made a Big down payment...You'll have it paid for before he gets back if you keep this up
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the Gold Ring.
The pin looks like a Girl Scout Award Pin for Climbing.
 
That's a nice big old ring

Congrats
 
Does anyone know a good way to get it appraised?
 
Congrats on your first gold!!! :occasion14: I see you broke the ice early, hoping you dig many more in 2016.
 
Nice chunk of 14K. Congrats.
 
You can try a jeweler or pawn shop, but most rings are only worth the melt value of the gold unless they have huge diamonds or some kind of special or historical significance. I would bet the stone in your ring is a diamond, but small ones have little value.
 
Congratulations on your first gold ring! :occasion14:
 
Congratulations on the gold!!! She's a beaut!
 
Gold ye ha great stuff my turn soon
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom