What's new

My first gold?

YoungGunTHer

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
Theres no markings on it, but I was told that old jewelry doesn't always have markings. Its light, weighs 2.2 grams. I hope it isn't brass, thought I'd see some green to it if it was. It was only about 3 inches deep, but so wasn't the 1892 barber dime I found next to it, so I assume It might be just as old. How do I know if I don't have a test kit? and how do I clean it, so it sparkles.

Thank you

Young gun
 

Attachments

  • DSC00096.webp
    DSC00096.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00095.webp
    DSC00095.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 331
Gold should polish up shiney as new with a little toothpaste and a toothbrush. That looks tarnished and gold doesn't tarnish! Agree with 4H. Sorry. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on finding a ring; jewelry is always exciting whether it is gold or not. Clean it up like Monty said, and then post some more pics. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
YG, Keep at it that MXT will get you the gold yet. And a whole lot more, Patience time and practice. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom