My FIRST High School Ring and other stuff :)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Ann on the nice assortment of loot ! It's good that you will be able to return the ring. Speaking of ring prices, back in 1963 my high school ring cost $38.00 which was a struggle for me to come up with. Goes to show you how much prices have changed over the years. Anyhow, enjoyed reading your post about the man at the check-out counter. That was a nice gesture by him. Thanks for sharing.

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks Huntin' 59er......Oh I know...in 1974, when I graduated, I paid $75 for mine and that too, was hard to come by.....what a difference from 1963 to 1974, just an 11 yr gap....and my sis was telling me, her son who graduated this past summer, the ring he wanted was going to be over $600. She told him he could buy it. I think it's fair, her and I had to buy our own!! LOL

The young lady said her father paid nearly $300 bucks for that little tiny, petite, but beautiful ring!! WHEW!! Glad she got it back...know that makes DAD HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

nlcknits

Jul 27, 2006
How very cool!

Thanks for sharing; this was great. ya did good ;D

HH
Nan
whose class ring cost a whoppin' $94 in 1970 - and that was the "cheaper" version.

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Awesome find and story. I graduated from Kempsville High School in 2001. As soon as saw the find came from Va Beach and it was a school ring, figured it was somewhere in the Beach District school system.

HH!

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OMG Packerbacker...(it doesn't top the feelings I had the day I gave birth to my 3 Angels, nothing can top that :))...but that was so exciting and what a rush!!!!!!!! I hope to receive many more wonderful feelings like that in the future!!!!!

Gotta' love metal detecting!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOOO...GO MD'er's....un huh...GO MD'ers.....!!!!

HBeaton....happy to return a ring to one of your Alumni's!!! My dau is a PAHS 2003 Grad and I still returned a Kemps Ring .. should have held it for ransom at the football playoffs ... LOL....... :) Hope you are enjoying life in PA :)

HH All, Ann

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Good looking out Ann, I had neglected to update my profile. I have graduated from college now and am back in the big VA!

HH!

-Hunter

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great story, Ann. I bet that was such a great feeling to give that girl back her ring.

Congratulations. :)

Calico Jack

Sep 20, 2005
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Kudos on the ring return.

I have one of those Toledo letter openers. It was among my grandmother's knicknacks when she died back in 1989. Couldn't tell you how old it is, but there's a little metal base somewhere that it stands upright in on a desk or wherever. And it is most certainly referring to Toledo, Spain.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story & Happy Ending !

Congrats !

T

Tres Gay

I went to Kempsville High School!

If you ever find an '83 ring with a blue stone or an '82 with a green stone let me know. I was supposed to graduate in '82 but got very sick and had to delay graduation a year. I somehow lost BOTH rings.

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tres Gay said:
I went to Kempsville High School!

If you ever find an '83 ring with a blue stone or an '82 with a green stone let me know. I was supposed to graduate in '82 but got very sick and had to delay graduation a year. I somehow lost BOTH rings.

Tres...I will be sure to let you know if I find one or both of the above rings. It would be so cool to return something to a TN Member!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know where you may have lost one or both of them? The beach and if the beach, approx location. Oh, and which beach!!!.....even though it's the same shoreline (from ocean to bay)....many diff names LOL.

I am sorry you were sick, but I hope all is well with now.

HH....Annmarie

Thank you all for your nice comments....yeah, it does make you feel good to return something to someone!!! I hope I have many more experiences like that!!!!

T

Tres Gay

I lost the green one ('82) around 19th street in the black sand, at night, over 20 years ago. Hopefully someone found it a long time ago and I hope it was the best find of the day!

The other one was lost in a drain pipe in the 2nd floor west side washroom in Fredrickson dorm @ JMU (Harrisonburg). If you find THAT one at the beach I really wanna know about it! It is long gone never to be seen again by a human being. Maybe it's lining a sewer rat's nest.

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
You touched a soft spot. in 64 I graduated from highschool in Mississippi, I had moved there the year before. My senior year I worked as a produce manager in a grocery store for 1$ and hour. Thats right kids ONE. My parents had bought my class ring, for 32$, for the school I had gone to in Calif. That ring was lost in 63/4 while at a swimming pond near Laurel, Ms. I bought the next ring for Laurel High, and did paying that price hurt. So for all those who have lost that precious momento of their school days, THANKS. Stan...

That also goes for all those who have returned class rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread