What's new

My first instu pics

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went out today and took my camera. I found some nice artifacts and kept 17. I got 2 arrowheads and the rest scrapers and tools. I found a lot of broken and flakes. Seemed like every pocket of brokes I found 1 keeper. All were just laying on top to just barley showing. I believe these are Late Woodland to Miss. Period items. I am no expert so you will have to tell me. Thanks for the views, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_2202.webp
    100_2202.webp
    821.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_2203.webp
    100_2203.webp
    187.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_2200.webp
    100_2200.webp
    678.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_2204.webp
    100_2204.webp
    831.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_2205.webp
    100_2205.webp
    608.3 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Others
 

Attachments

  • 100_2208.webp
    100_2208.webp
    777.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_2209.webp
    100_2209.webp
    263 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_2210.webp
    100_2210.webp
    856.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_2211.webp
    100_2211.webp
    681.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_2212.webp
    100_2212.webp
    740.4 KB · Views: 114
More and I am really out there hunting and love it. i dont know if I will bring my camera again though. Just took too long to hunt.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2213.webp
    100_2213.webp
    972 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_2217.webp
    100_2217.webp
    590.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_2218.webp
    100_2218.webp
    285.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_2227.webp
    100_2227.webp
    220.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_2228.webp
    100_2228.webp
    274.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_2234.webp
    100_2234.webp
    302.8 KB · Views: 120
Looks like you are on a roll. :icon_thumleft: Nice Finds for the new field! Give it time you will find a dandy in the new spot.
It does take time in photographing, but you will be able to distinguish when, and what item that needs to be photographed.
If you have a digital camera I usually save only the photo's that I may later show. Good Luck!
 
Rock, the scrapers in your last pic are beautiful. I can't say that I have ever seen the colors mixed as such!! Cool!!
 
last image
to the right of the battery
extremely pretty scraper nice colorful material
 
last image
to the right of the battery
extremely pretty scraper nice colorful material

Yeah I found that one laying on that (hill) rite in the open waiting for me to pick it up. I found a small rock in the dirt that I didnt show but it is polished and kinda oval in shape. It shows no sign of pecking so I didnt show it. On the instu of the white arrowhead I see a couple of items in the dirt in that pic I missed. So I wont be doing no more pics I just missed a lot trying to get a good picture. It was an experience though, I just cant get use to it. I lost probably an hour of hunting with the camera. I just wanted everyone to see I do actually get out there and I dont always buy them. I buy very seldom I enjoy finding them much more. Thanks for all the nice things said everyone.
 
Yeah I found that one laying on that (hill) rite in the open waiting for me to pick it up. I found a small rock in the dirt that I didnt show but it is polished and kinda oval in shape. It shows no sign of pecking so I didnt show it. On the instu of the white arrowhead I see a couple of items in the dirt in that pic I missed. So I wont be doing no more pics I just missed a lot trying to get a good picture. It was an experience though, I just cant get use to it. I lost probably an hour of hunting with the camera. I just wanted everyone to see I do actually get out there and I dont always buy them. I buy very seldom I enjoy finding them much more. Thanks for all the nice things said everyone.

It sure looks like it's worth further hunts. You'll get better at the insitu camera stuff as you learn to hunt this new spot. I'll bet there's already some things you'll do differently next time out there.

Exhilarating ain't it. :)
 
Yes it is a good spot IMO cause mine had just ran out of good finds. This one came just in time for me. And it is all private property which means I will have it all to myself. I just have to call before I go and call when I leave. He is a very nice man. He told me of another field he owns which is going to be another good spot when he starts planting on this one. I figure as he palnts one I will go to the other and so on. I dont know if they plant in the winter? I hope not lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom