Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was hunting a house my aunt's friend owned in CT, built in 1732. This place was loaded with iron... being that it is a house almost 300 years old. I started off gridding the front yard, only to find clad, but then I got a deeper signal and it was a dandy button. I knew at this point the homestead was not filled in and that there is the possibility of some old coins and some more old relics to pop out. I get a bridal rosette and two later date Indian Head cents in the front yard then move on to the side yard afterwards. I get a few small relics in the side yard but nothing substantial. There was a field on the other side of the house which I decided to try as well, because I thought there could've been another old home that once stood there on the 1869 map, but it turned out the house was a little bit south of it and still standing. Not much was found there so I try another field on the property adjacent to this one, I found a little hot spot about 100 yards away from the house and dig a few things. First I get a piece of a change purse, then an 1863 fatty indian head, then a nice 1918 dog tag from the town I was nearby, then an ox knob, and then a fragment to an early colonial spectacle buckle. The finds slowed down and my time was running out so I got out from the field quickly. Before I get out of the field I had to swing back to the front of the house, where I wanted to give one last stop. On the way I get a screaming 75 on my MXT all pro, and out popped a 10 wheat cent and 1947 nickel spill, which was pretty neat. Now in the front yard, there was an area covered in snow in the morning which melted by the time I got back there, and swung in it. Immediately I get a deep teens signal and dug another indian head, that was the 4th one for the day. Then as I am about to leave, I checked out one more iron infested area of the front yard and go super slow. I get a higher-than-iron signal, nothing special, but it would occasionally bounce into the 80s. I flip a plug, and immediately see a silver rim about 6" deep. I immediately pull it out from the hole and saw that it was a seated quarter, 1856, I was so excited! I then rubbed the back off and saw the intricate "G" initial and felt the prongs from where a pin lay on the obverse of the coin, and just knew it was my first love token! HH!

5546.jpg 5547.jpg 5548.jpg

Upvote 33

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The love token is a really sweet find. A coin and jewelry all at the same time.

Congrats on the other finds too. That is a whale of a good day in my book. Congrats.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree , that is an exciting find ! Wish I found it ... very kool indeed !

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is beautiful Isaac,congrats to you my friend.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Awesome hunt and if you can, I'd go back and dig a bunch of iron and get it out of the way. Gotta be more!

Thanks for sharing as I enjoyed reading your post. However, once I got to the part, "rubbed the back off" OUCH!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That love token is the icing on a great hunt! Congrats!

GL&HH!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, THAT, is a really pretty token! Lots of work in that one!

Nice!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those love tokens are some of the most beautiful finds we see posted. I would love to add one to my collection. Great job buddy.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A love token and a quarter at that!!!!! HIGH on my list!!!! CONGRATZ..

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found 2 things in one that I haven't - a seated and a love token. Congrats on all your finds Isaac.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never tire of seeing love tokens. Your's is beautiful. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread