What's new

my first pieces

Glenn C

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
422
Reaction score
226
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I came across a few pieces while digging. I believe it is a older archaic site. I found a few pieces of archaic copper there. I have been reading a lot on this subject and ran across some go figure :). I am beyond a newb at this point( no pun). Central Ontario Canada. The piece is broken. These are the photos.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120929_005317.webp
    ForumRunner_20120929_005317.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20120929_003818.webp
    IMG_20120929_003818.webp
    18 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20120929_005349.webp
    ForumRunner_20120929_005349.webp
    67.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20120929_004042.webp
    IMG_20120929_004042.webp
    24 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20120929_004257.webp
    IMG_20120929_004257.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congrats..nicce little biface. Can you take one photo of it that shows the entire outline? Also is it ground smooth on the bottom?
 
It is cracked off. Here is 2 photos.
Thanks for any help
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120929_084431.webp
    ForumRunner_20120929_084431.webp
    68.5 KB · Views: 96
  • ForumRunner_20120929_084443.webp
    ForumRunner_20120929_084443.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 103
I know its not much but it puts me In the right spot. Here is another flake and a piece of petrified wood. You can the knot in the wood.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120929_094216.webp
    ForumRunner_20120929_094216.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 102
In the right spot for sure. Its like tracking an animal by the sign. I'm sure you will find more.blanket that area..use the topography to get an Idea of possible campsites...like high ground close to a water source. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom