What's new

MY first "real" hunt

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
MY first "real" hunt

Just got a $25 box of pennies from my local credit union, hopping for something good ;D
Earlier, I usually just got like $8 worth but now...
I'll post my findings
 
Upvote 0
Re: MY first "real" hunt

........ :icon_scratch:
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

......waiting for the posting of the "real" findings that's all
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

did anyone else think he found a reale and made a joke about it?
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

No, I understood. He's doing his first "real' hunt, and entire box. Good Luck.
HH
Gilbert
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

Good luck, hope you score good :icon_thumright:

HH
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

Ok got the box at about 1:30-2 o'clock PM and just finished...
No really brag worthy finds but some of the usuall.
-some coppers (I usually only keep from 69' and on)
-some of the new pennies
-a few "S" mints
-1 coin that I needed to complete a book of cents (only need 1 more now ;D)
-1 very strange coin that I could use some help with
It is a 1980 penny, nothing special, but there is an "8" PUNCHED into Linclon's head.
*Anyone have any idea why this is there and what is the cause?*
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

jdsarasin8194 said:
It is a 1980 penny, nothing special, but there is an "8" PUNCHED into Linclon's head.
*Anyone have any idea why this is there and what is the cause?*

It's post mint damage. Someone just felt like punching an 8 into his head.
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

Coins4Cheese said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
It is a 1980 penny, nothing special, but there is an "8" PUNCHED into Linclon's head.
*Anyone have any idea why this is there and what is the cause?*

It's post mint damage. Someone just felt like punching an 8 into his head.
Thanks, I was unsure because I've never seen anything like it before.
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

no wheaties? :dontknow:or did you count them as coppers?
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

twinsrule said:
no wheaties? :dontknow:or did you count them as coppers?
Ton of them, and yes, I counted them as coppers
 
Re: MY first "real" hunt

If you don't want the wheatbacks I'll trade you even with coppers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom