What's new

My first ring....maybe? Your thoughts.

Mitzki5

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
49
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Found and old dog tax tag, a 1906 or 1908 Indian and something that I think is my first ring. I am not sure though. Seems kind of small for how wide it is. It has something inscribed on the inside. Best I can tell it's a 5 and something else. Maybe an arrow. What are your thoughts on the ring.
ring pic.webpring2 pic.webp
 
Upvote 0
The 5 could be the ring size
 
I can hardly see it (darkish pics ) what does the ring appear to be composed of ?
 
Might be part of a 925 stamp. Use some baking soda to clean it up. Maybe that will give you more information.
 
Looks gold colored on the outside but I don't think it is gold unless just gold plated. Will try to get a better pic. I tried to read the inscription but just cant see it even with a magnifying glass.
 
Appears to be a ring. I dig many "looks like a ring" items that turn out to be cut-off ends of pipe or other construction or sprinkler parts. So if your ring has no evidence of threats on the outer edges or inside, no evidence of saw marks, and with the "5" stamped inside, then it is a child's size 5 ring. Congrats on your first one! Sub 8-)
 
After looking at this and researching a little. I think the mark inside the ring is a U with an arrow thru it and "5" to the right of it. A company named Uncas Manufacturing uses this mark. That is all I have found though and have not found any ring that looks like it online.
 
Sure looks like a ring to me..congratulations, the first of many.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom