What's new

WEEKEND FINDINGS

Conito@55

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
6,116
Golden Thread
1
Location
Carson City Nv
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
The Legend
Xp Deus2
On Sunday, I went out to explore some new places. I got lucky—it seems I stumbled upon a small spot with some trash and Chinese porcelain, along with colored glass typical of northern Nevada. And this is what I found
20260711_172414.webp

At first, I thought this was a token or some kind of medal because it has a small hole in it. Maybe someone wore it around their neck. But when I got home and looked into what it might be, it turned out to be a 3-cent coin. This makes me want to go back to that place.
20260711_172503.webp
20260711_172511(1).webp


20260711_172424.webp
20260711_172427.webp
20260711_172431.webp
20260711_172441.webp
20260711_172438.webp

Before I left, I caught a glimpse of some more trash—maybe I'll get lucky and find something else. But I definitely have to go back.
 
Upvote 20
On Sunday, I went out to explore some new places. I got lucky—it seems I stumbled upon a small spot with some trash and Chinese porcelain, along with colored glass typical of northern Nevada. And this is what I found View attachment 2259563
At first, I thought this was a token or some kind of medal because it has a small hole in it. Maybe someone wore it around their neck. But when I got home and looked into what it might be, it turned out to be a 3-cent coin. This makes me want to go back to that place.
View attachment 2259564View attachment 2259566

View attachment 2259567View attachment 2259568View attachment 2259569View attachment 2259570View attachment 2259571
Before I left, I caught a glimpse of some more trash—maybe I'll get lucky and find something else. But I definitely have to go back.
Congratulations on your outstanding achievement….
Love this post with those Amazing coins!!!!!
Thanks again for sharing
 
Cool 3 cent piece, even if it is a little beat up. I think the 4-pointed thing might be a rowel from a spur
 
Nice find on that "trickel" :icon_thumright:
 
That’s a nickel 3-cent piece. 75% copper and 25% nickel. They came out in 1865 because the silver 3-cent pieces were being hoarded. You don’t see those very often on Tnet.
 
That’s a nickel 3-cent piece. 75% copper and 25% nickel. They came out in 1865 because the silver 3-cent pieces were being hoarded. You don’t see those very often on Tnet.
This is my second 3-cent coin. A couple of months ago, I found a silver trime. And now this nickel.
20250601_161455.webp
20250601_161549.webp
 
On Sunday, I went out to explore some new places. I got lucky—it seems I stumbled upon a small spot with some trash and Chinese porcelain, along with colored glass typical of northern Nevada. And this is what I found View attachment 2259563
At first, I thought this was a token or some kind of medal because it has a small hole in it. Maybe someone wore it around their neck. But when I got home and looked into what it might be, it turned out to be a 3-cent coin. This makes me want to go back to that place.
View attachment 2259564View attachment 2259566

View attachment 2259567View attachment 2259568View attachment 2259569View attachment 2259570View attachment 2259571
Before I left, I caught a glimpse of some more trash—maybe I'll get lucky and find something else. But I definitely have to go back.
I love that 3 cent coin! Very unusual. Do you recall what the VDI was for that piece? Congrats!
 
Nice relic finds, and I like that 3 Cent Nickel.
 
On Sunday, I went out to explore some new places. I got lucky—it seems I stumbled upon a small spot with some trash and Chinese porcelain, along with colored glass typical of northern Nevada. And this is what I found View attachment 2259563
At first, I thought this was a token or some kind of medal because it has a small hole in it. Maybe someone wore it around their neck. But when I got home and looked into what it might be, it turned out to be a 3-cent coin. This makes me want to go back to that place.
View attachment 2259564View attachment 2259566

View attachment 2259567View attachment 2259568View attachment 2259569View attachment 2259570View attachment 2259571
Before I left, I caught a glimpse of some more trash—maybe I'll get lucky and find something else. But I definitely have to go back.
Awesome Three Cent Piece!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom