What's new

My first ring! ... strange inscriptions

CanadianTrout

Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
733
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey all. I finally found my first ring! Totally by accident because I kneeled down in the grass on top of it to dig another signal. Detector didn't pick it up.... because it's WOOD!!!!

Arrrrrg!

However it does have a nice script carved into it. Can anyone tell what language that is or what it says? Thanks for your time.
 

Attachments

  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 883
  • ring1.webp
    ring1.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 859
  • ring2.webp
    ring2.webp
    22 KB · Views: 864
  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 847
  • ring1.webp
    ring1.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 847
  • ring2.webp
    ring2.webp
    22 KB · Views: 853
I've been away for a few days and just checked in. Thanks everyone for the input. Great link Montana Jim, thanks bud, I'll check it out. Hopefully this guy is correct so I can sleep at night! lol :tongue3:


boylara said:
its no Japanese or asian writing...its an INDIAN writing...

Thanks for coming by and checking it out boylara. You seem certain it's Indian... I assume you mean as in India? Thanks man! I'll check it out.
 
Upvote 0
Well thanks to boylara's claim that it is Indian (East) writting and the link Montana Jim posted I have been able to confirm that it does appear to be so. India has 54 official languages. I have come across several alphabets that are "close" to the script on the ring but have not be able to possitively match any of the script characters.

Looks like all I can say is it "probably" East Indian, but no idea what exact language or what it says. Don't suppose there are any East Indian people on these boards eh? Hmm....
 
Upvote 0
Even within those different languages the scripts can vary... I hope you get it nailed down!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom