My first ring

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out to the park close to the house for a couple of hours today, finally no wind. I've been using the E Trac for a month and thanks to the good people here I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. This has to be the cleanest park in city, I have to bring my own trash if I want to claim I'm picking up the junk ;D, I'm learning to hunt by sound, then check the numbers, for some reason it almost always shows the targets at 6" or more, when actually they are more like 2 to 3 inches. I know your thinking that I have the coil above the ground, but I don't I have it setting right on the grass. something I'll have to work on.There are so many targets that ring in good I reduced the sensativity way down so as not to be digging too many deep holes till the ground softens up. I'm will try and post pic of my finds
HH
Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The first of many rings for you I see in your future...as Yoda would say, or Gollum :tongue3: Nice little find congrats. jgas

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good feeling huh? I remember when I first started I was lucky to find two rings a year , now im up to about 10-18 low and slow!!

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
congrats man! my first was last year! keep working it, and happy hunting! what numbers did that ring come up? (I also have an ETrac and was thinking that would be in the nickel range like 13-something right? HH man! :headbang:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring ! The first of many more to come :headbang:
Glen